Genuinely thought Monk had lost the dressing room

Guest Grandad

3 minutes ago, heppers said:

Made a point of clearing out talented players with questionable attitudes.

Then brought in poor players.

Cosmic.

Bingo.

Question attitude all you want but at the end of the day FF, Joao, Hooper, Fletch, Hutch are all much much better players than a lot of our current squad.

But I just think this is part of the process. We can’t chuck silly money around again to attract that type of talent. So it’ll be another couple years of painful football before we can start adding quality again. Pulis is the best candidate to oversee this transition in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Well usually new manager have an effect and win their first game/s

Would have been very impressed if we’d won there with 10 men.. just feel like I can’t make any judgements on seeing that. See some positives in that defensively we looked good Westwood slip aside.. was some ok individual play in the other half but nobody up front given we were 4-4-1

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Don’t know what people expected today.. I thought we did ok given we played 75 mins with 10 men. The game was pretty even.. think it would have been a different game 11 v 11 and we could have judged the attacking play better 

Totally agree mate. 

1 minute ago, bronxowl said:

Paterson and Windass are whank

the only positive is Westwood back

Pulis needs 10 games, then let’s judge him

btw, why do half our players look over weight and not fit?

Rhodes .....bambi on ice

Westwood was at fault for the goal

Catch the ball instead of a weak wristed punch straight back into the middle of the goal

• Like 3

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Would have been very impressed if we’d won there with 10 men.. just feel like I can’t make any judgements on seeing that. See some positives in that defensively we looked good Westwood slip aside.. was some ok individual play in the other half but nobody up front given we were 4-4-1

Up until the 16 minute mark we were competing

Then we went pure comedy

Kicking players in the throat

Pushing the ball out to their strikers to have a goal etc

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Easy to blame Westwood, he was at fault but that his first game in over a year. That’s pretty crazy for a goalkeeper who is used to playing week in week out.

What I thought was pretty crazy was starting him when as you say he hadn't played a game in over a year, and also hadn't trained.

He should have at least had a couple of weeks training and maybe a game with the U23's.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I won’t overreact. The red card killed us. And we were yet again punished by a silly mistake.

Easy to blame Westwood, he was at fault but that his first game in over a year. That’s pretty crazy for a goalkeeper who is used to playing week in week out.

Odubajo and Van Aken aren’t good enough. Tom Lees did ok defensively today but he has needed a change of scenery for a good few years now. When Bannan plays poorly it’s quite glaring. I don’t know what’s happened to Reach but he’s a shell of his former self. Paterson works hard but I don’t see much quality there. 

Yeah the squad isn’t great but I still believe Pulis will do enough to keep us up. We were much better organised today defensively.

Why f*cking play him then?

• Like 4

Just not bothered...