Checking tackle

11 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Alex Neil doesn't know where the clip has surfaced from as the game wasn't televised. How does he think fans are watching the games these days?

Tried a dodgy stream on Saturday, ended up with iSwallow.

• Haha 4

On 21/11/2020 at 19:42, @owlstalk said:

They're obvs mates having a laugh

Dont' they know each other really  well?

Find it a bit disturbing you find it ok. Would you do that to both your male and female mates and expect them to be fine with it?

His reaction alone shows he was uncomfortable with it. It's sexual assault.

It may only seem minor to some, but what someone currently has issues down there which they are privately dealing with? Not cool at all

5 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Find it a bit disturbing you find it ok. Would you do that to both your male and female mates and expect them to be fine with it?

His reaction alone shows he was uncomfortable with it. It's sexual assault.

It may only seem minor to some, but what someone currently has issues down there which they are privately dealing with? Not cool at all

Errrr I've not said it's ok in the slightest

In this very thread I've said it's absolutely NOT ok

So chill

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, Alan said:

The incident has absolute nothing to do with race so I don't know why you harping on about it - you are drawing attention to race to harp on about old news, when the only thing that should really be being examined is the sexual harrassment/assualt.

It was a topical joke given how much the authorities love to label people by their ethnicity and divide us. This is the big problem in this country now, too many people have no sense of humour and take everything literally 

Alex Neil covering himself in glory on this one, then:

"I'll be honest I don't even know where the clip has come from or what the source of it is, because obviously the game wasn't on TV.

You know what it is like on social media, as soon as something is posted and it catches a bit of fire - the next thing it becomes the biggest boiling point.

But again, it will as quickly die off as quickly as it came - that's what happens, it becomes the 'thing' to watch and then a day later there's something else that captures everybody's attention."

F*ck me.

One of his players carries out a sexual assault and his main concern is how the footage got out there, then tries to dismiss it as merely a social-media storm.

It's not a 'thing' to watch, you daft tw*t - it's a sexual assault.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Alex Neil covering himself in glory on this one, then:

"I'll be honest I don't even know where the clip has come from or what the source of it is, because obviously the game wasn't on TV.

You know what it is like on social media, as soon as something is posted and it catches a bit of fire - the next thing it becomes the biggest boiling point.

But again, it will as quickly die off as quickly as it came - that's what happens, it becomes the 'thing' to watch and then a day later there's something else that captures everybody's attention."

F*ck me.

One of his players carries out a sexual assault and his main concern is how the footage got out there, then tries to dismiss it as merely a social-media storm.

It's not a 'thing' to watch, you daft tw*t - it's a sexual assault.

He's doing that because he knows his player is in deep do do. If the FA don't act what sort of message for that send out?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, darra said:

He's doing that because he knows his player is in deep do do. If the FA don't act what sort of message for that send out?

True, but in descending order of honourable responses, it goes:

1) Call out Fisher for a blatant sexual assault, wish Paterson well, and accept whatever sanction's coming his player's way.

2) Say you won't be responding as the FA are currently looking into the matter, so it wouldn't be appropriate.

3) Ponder how footage of your player carrying out a sexual assault got into the public domain in the first place, then dismissively claim that all the fuss will soon die down, as that's just the nature of social media.

If hed done it once he might have got away with saying it was bit of a laugh doing it twice means he was a) trying to get a reaction out of Paterson b) trying to get Patersons phone number or c) coming out in the most public way possible 

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

True, but in descending order of honourable responses, it goes:

1) Call out Fisher for a blatant sexual assault, wish Paterson well, and accept whatever sanction's coming his player's way.

2) Say you won't be responding as the FA are currently looking into the matter, so it wouldn't be appropriate.

3) Ponder how footage of your player carrying out a sexual assault got into the public domain in the first place, then dismissively claim that all the fuss will soon die down, as that's just the nature of social media.

Maybe but as is the way you'll get players in grass roots football including kids grabbing each others tackle for a laugh.