Checking tackle

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

A needless and thoughtless comment.

I'd usually be all for having the posts pulled.

However in this instance I hope they are left to highlight that this problem still very much exists.

Exactly.

He doesn't deserve to have his posts censored. Leave them there so everyone can see what kind of man he is.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I apologise profusely for anyone having to read that garbage

The member in question has been removed from the site

Absolutely no place in 2020 for homophobia or horrific slurs like that

Well handled. It's good to see so many people have pulled the poster up on it as well.

Hopefully they take some time to reflect and reevaluate their views.

39 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

I like how the Preston site refers to it as the "alleged incident" :ghoulguy:

Absolute thick Neanderthals on that site “ it’s ok as he didn’t complain” “he turned to the ref because he blocked his run not because he grabbed his genitalia”it’s blown up media rubbish” 

some right pigology Going on 

44 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

I like how the Preston site refers to it as the "alleged incident" :ghoulguy:

I suppose they have to for now.

You'd hope the player will hold his hands up and admit what he did rather than try to offer some kind of excuse, though.

We all saw it. We all know what happened.

The least he can do now is to admit that and treat Paterson with the dignity he tired to rob him of on the football field.

Guest LondonOwl313

Not condoning what that lad has said on here.. but really dislike the mass jumping on the bandwagon type comments that happen on social media when someone posts something like that.

I think the right way of dealing with it is for mods to just delete the post and/or give the user a temporary ban to reflect on it. Don’t give it air time and it will die out.

I’m sure at least half the people on here condoning it have used language that would fall foul of modern discrimination laws at some point in their lives so it’s a bit hypocritical to pile in.

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Not condoning what that lad has said on here.. but really dislike the mass jumping on the bandwagon type comments that happen on social media when someone posts something like that.

I think the right way of dealing with it is for mods to just delete the post and/or give the user a temporary ban to reflect on it. Don’t give it air time and it will die out.

I’m sure at least half the people on here condoning it have used language that would fall foul of modern discrimination laws at some point in their lives so it’s a bit hypocritical to pile in.

Meant condemning in that last paragraph obviously 🙄