TODAYS LINEUP - Here Tony Pulis first ever Sheffield Wednesday starting lineup and formation..

55 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

If the rumours about Westwood are true, putting him straight in is an utter disgrace. Tells the whole team you can be an a hole and get away with it.

Except it doesn't does it 

New Manager everyone starting with a clean sheet its not a difficult concept or do you advocate some sidling up to Pulis and saying 

"don't play Westwood he's done this or that the other month "

I'd sooner Pulis make his own decisions 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What about the other players?

Can they skip training so long as they win?

What if - they skip training - lose the game - but play well?

What if they skip training, we win, but they play badly?

Might be worth a go. They've all been training since last December but playing shiite and losing.

• Like 1

Paterson

Comes to Sheffield Wednesday as a striker

Our fans mock him, say he's crap and that he's a defender really

Then our fans hound out Garry Monk just as he'd found his winning formula (with Paterson up front)

Then our fans applaud Tony Pulis and say he's the future because he will play square pegs in square holes

Pulis names his first lineup

Paterson in Midfield

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Show me one example of a footballer having his contract terminated with immediate effect, no pay off.

I’ll wait.

Adrian Mutu, Mark Bosnich, .  Granted it was at Chelski after they became rich, but you asked for examples.

9 Players at FC Sion including Alex Song.

Bambo Diaby at the Dingles recently.

There are more, but it does happen, just not very often and only in the most extreme of circumstances usually, and that is because footballers are counted as an asset by clubs in terms of accounting.

Fact is two managers, who turned out to be poo for us Froze Westwood out, one of em Hutch too, the other let Hutch go on a free, they are popular players, but we do not know what happens behind the scenes, we have opinions and conjecture but that is all, maybe they deserved it, maybe they didn't we will never know for sure, but now, Westwood is in goal, so lets hope that he performs and earns his wages.

If he does that, the club can sort out any behind the scenes stuff on their own terms.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Paterson

Comes to Sheffield Wednesday as a striker

Our fans mock him, say he's crap and that he's a defender really

Then our fans hound out Garry Monk just as he'd found his winning formula (with Paterson up front)

Then our fans applaud Tony Pulis and say he's the future because he will play square pegs in square holes

Pulis names his first lineup

Paterson in Midfield

But not necessarily the same individual fans saying all those things.

Still don't get your massive downer on our current manager yet seem to think Monk was the solution to our problems.

8 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Except it doesn't does it 

New Manager everyone starting with a clean sheet its not a difficult concept or do you advocate some sidling up to Pulis and saying 

"don't play Westwood he's done this or that the other month "

I'd sooner Pulis make his own decisions 

Well, he will reap the rewards or otherwise of his decision. We will see in good time.

1 minute ago, Brommers said:

But not necessarily the same individual fans saying all those things.

Still don't get your massive downer on our current manager yet seem to think Monk was the solution to our problems.

I think you're missing the fact it wasn't a serious post

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, GLOwl said:

See earlier response. Not saying I 100% believe the rumours but I’m more inclined to than not given 3 managers have binned him off and seeing his petty childish on field antics.

What “petty childish infield antics”? Also who are the 3 managers? Facts and primary sources of information are really important in life, otherwise you risk looking like you’ve made stuff up.

1 hour ago, slow83 said:

What “petty childish infield antics”? Also who are the 3 managers? Facts and primary sources of information are really important in life, otherwise you risk looking like you’ve made stuff up.

Well done on the insinuation, despite it being very wrong. As you know, I started my comments with “if the rumours are true”.

3 managers - luhukay, monk and o’neill 

Petty onfield antics - sulking off at the end of every game without speaking to his team mates or acknowledging the crowd, having his towel and bottle carried off for him. In fact today he was getting ar5y with luongo at halftime. From what I see of him he looks a right mardy 2hat.