Is Pulis heading out?

8 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Totally disagree with both your comments. It’s a valid opinion not emotional blackmail. There are far more head injuries in Rugby which is why I prefer football. By your reckoning boxing and rugby should be banned completely. Whilst I acknowledge the sentiment I believe it a step too far. It’s becoming a non contact sport as it is and was clearly not intended to be. What evidence do we have on the impact of modern lighter football?  Not much I wager. If you are concerned about the effects of heading a ball then either don’t head it or don’t play football.

Rugby has made moves to make the game safer, even to one of its most integral components - tackling. The rugby authorities have been far more proactive than their football counterparts in protecting their players.

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Not QUITE sure that's the point of this discussion

Yes it is. You have nuanced the discussion in the direction that it is emotional blackmail to suggest it woul ruin the game. I disagree and counter with don’t change the rules on a whim to suit the minority with little to no evidence based on the weight of current footballs. Totally on topic although why you are nitpicking is not so clear.

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, Yellowbelly said:

Rugby has made moves to make the game safer, even to one of its most integral components - tackling. The rugby authorities have been far more proactive than their football counterparts in protecting their players.

So are you saying you think heading should be banned?

Maybe they should also ban kicking the ball in case a player stubs his toe. 

Maybe they should ban keepers using their hands in case they break a finger. 

Or how about making players wear crash helmets when they head the ball on health and safety grounds. 

It's pathetic. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Or how about making players wear crash helmets when they head the ball on health and safety grounds. 

It's pathetic. 

You best prepare yourself mate - change is cominig

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Jack the Hat
26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think that's an emotional blackmail comment that has no substance to it

It's meaningless

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've not said that at all at any point

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It's pathetic. 

Because you have an ideal in your mind of how “real men” should play football then the very real possibility that this endangers it’s participants long after they hang up their boots should be ignored?

Just now, Yellowbelly said:

Because you have an ideal in your mind of how “real men” should play football then the very real possibility that this endangers it’s participants long after they hang up their boots should be ignored?

Everything in life has its dangers and risks unless you sit in your house wrapped in bubble wrap your entire life. 

Guest Jack the Hat
4 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Are you saying it shouldn’t?

No matter what?

Yes

’no matter what’ needs valid research. But me YES I’m 100% happy to head a football fully aware of any potential risks.

so back to you are you saying heading should be banned?

Guest Jack the Hat
Just now, @owlstalk said:

You're not the one playing football or getting brain injuries though mate

I play. And the pla

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

facepalm.png

Talk about not understanding the meaning

Talk about condescending 

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I play still and I head it.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Everything in life has its dangers and risks unless you sit in your house wrapped in bubble wrap your entire life. 

Yes, but as society progresses we eliminate/minimise those dangers to acceptable levels - which is why you wear a seatbelt, wear a motorcycle helmet, have a smoke alarm, wear a face mask etc etc etc. 
Should we go back to using asbestos in our buildings because despite the risks it’s an amazing versatile material?

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I played for 20 years in Sunday league when the balls were a lot heavier than the lightweight balloons they use now.