Who was the last manager that excited you?

In terms of genuine excitement - young child on Christmas morning excitement level; in my lifetime only Big Ron made me think wow, this is going to be great.

All the others were various levels of indifference. Pulis is here for a reason and a specific job.

Just now, Animis said:

In terms of genuine excitement - young child on Christmas morning excitement level; in my lifetime only Big Ron made me think wow, this is going to be great.

All the others were various levels of indifference. Pulis is here for a reason and a specific job.

Obviously forgot Big Jack - even at the age of 10 I knew his status in the game and what it meant for him to be coming to our club.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

Obviously forgot Big Jack - even at the age of 10 I knew his status in the game and what it meant for him to be coming to our club.

I never really got that with Jack. Obviously he was a playing great, but I don’t recall being too excited when he came Did a great job though

Dave Jones at the time excited me. Especially in L1. He had managed in the PL and always done well at Championship level with Cardiff. Seemed a decent pull for L1 at that time.

Bruce was definitely the last one that got our support excited. But I think the fact he beat us at Wembley was the reason why it was met so well. Villa fans had little good to say about him but the Play Off Final stuck out in fans memories.

I'm looking forward to today much more than I have been for the last year or so.

Excited is probably the wrong word as the quality of football in the championship in general isn't going to blow you away. 

I'm excited that we have a manger who is proven to get results in this league without blowing massive amounts of cash.

I'm excited we will have a team that plays to its strengths.

Going back Megson, Sturrock, Wilson, Francis and Big Ron.

Carlos and Jones maybe, however I didn't feel the previous manger deserved the sack so somewhat tainted.

Wilson is a bit of a weird one, at the time he had Barnsley playing good football and seemed to be on the up. 

1 minute ago, 2soon said:

I'm looking forward to today much more than I have been for the last year or so.

Excited is probably the wrong word as the quality of football in the championship in general isn't going to blow you away. 

I'm excited that we have a manger who is proven to get results in this league without blowing massive amounts of cash.

I'm excited we will have a team that plays to its strengths.

Going back Megson, Sturrock, Wilson, Francis and Big Ron.

Carlos and Jones maybe, however I didn't feel the previous manger deserved the sack so somewhat tainted.

Wilson is a bit of a weird one, at the time he had Barnsley playing good football and seemed to be on the up. 

So what do you think our strengths are, that Pulis will play to? Genuine question

13 minutes ago, prowl said:

Bruce, what excited me wasn't him particularly, it was that everyone seemed to get behind him. We usually disagree about managers, very few said a bad word about Bruce.

Remember the Chelsea game with Danny Murphy claiming SWFC fans were angry that Bruce was having a break in the West Indies - there was unilateral support of Bruce on here.