Preston NE - V - Wednesday omdt

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Are you on drugs?!?

It’s a straight red - Windass has put his knee and foot pretty much in his face 

If he went in with his head, like any normal footballer would then it’s just a clash

What's wrong with that? Perfectly acceptable. garymegson Wouldn't have even been a yellow in the 70's and 80's.

3 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Have you actually seen the incident. Absolute bxxxxxk of a decision. 

No it was an blatant red. You go in with your head or a toe flick. Go in like Windass and it’s a clear red if you miss the ball.

Look at our players. They knew instantly. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Are you on drugs?!?

If he went in with his head, like any normal footballer would then it’s just a clash

For him to put his knee and, his foot in his head, Windass would have to have his leg outstretched. It wasn’t. It was a coming together, nothing more. If that’s a red card, football as we know it really is dying. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seeing the challenge again it was a stupid one from Windass right in front of the ref. No need. 

Let’s see if he’s consistent when them dirty b@st@tds stick the boot in, which they will do but we all know the answer to that question, don’t we?

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Fancy trying to set the narrative before we’ve even reached half time.

Would be a bit like setting the narrative about a manager before we’d even employed them 

Completely agree. Thinly veiled dig at Pulis. Poor really. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Red card all day that. 

if it was one if theirs we’d be screaming for a red. 

I honestly don't think we would.

It was clumsy, but the only reason it made contact with the Preston man's face was because he was stooping down into Windass' foot.

The fact that none of their players seemed to be appealing for a red card is quite telling, in my opinion.

• Like 3
Just now, Sefton owl said:

‘should have been winning’, what on the basis of windass beckam esque attempt WTF: 

no a I meant a game against a team that haven’t won at home all season and have scored one goal at home. 

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Are you on drugs?!?

Maybe it's about opinions but while ever refs try to make it a non contact sport and fans accept it the game gets worse and worse.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If that Windass tackle had been a Preston player doing that to us everyone would have ripped him apart for being a dirty git

I would have said it was a bad tackle but would still have been surprised it was a sending off. 
I know the rules of the game but the opposing player was ducking in to it a bit which seemed to make it marginal at least.