Preston NE - V - Wednesday omdt

3 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Have you actually seen the incident. Absolute bxxxxxk of a decision. 

No it was an blatant red. You go in with your head or a toe flick. Go in like Windass and it’s a clear red if you miss the ball.

Look at our players. They knew instantly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Are you on drugs?!?

It’s a straight red - Windass has put his knee and foot pretty much in his face 

If he went in with his head, like any normal footballer would then it’s just a clash

For him to put his knee and, his foot in his head, Windass would have to have his leg outstretched. It wasn’t. It was a coming together, nothing more. If that’s a red card, football as we know it really is dying. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seeing the challenge again it was a stupid one from Windass right in front of the ref. No need. 

Let’s see if he’s consistent when them dirty b@st@tds stick the boot in, which they will do but we all know the answer to that question, don’t we?

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m not exactly enjoying the game but hard to see how Wndass’s sending off was due to Pulis management!

Some of our fans aren't the brightest pal. 

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Red card all day that. 

if it was one if theirs we’d be screaming for a red. 

I honestly don't think we would.

It was clumsy, but the only reason it made contact with the Preston man's face was because he was stooping down into Windass' foot.

The fact that none of their players seemed to be appealing for a red card is quite telling, in my opinion.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Are you on drugs?!?

It’s a straight red - Windass has put his knee and foot pretty much in his face 

If he went in with his head, like any normal footballer would then it’s just a clash

Maybe it's about opinions but while ever refs try to make it a non contact sport and fans accept it the game gets worse and worse.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If that Windass tackle had been a Preston player doing that to us everyone would have ripped him apart for being a dirty git

I would have said it was a bad tackle but would still have been surprised it was a sending off. 
I know the rules of the game but the opposing player was ducking in to it a bit which seemed to make it marginal at least. 

Doesn’t matter how soft the red was, it’s 4 reds in 12 games, not all are bad decisions, it’s these players they are just ******** poor. We can’t score with 11 on the pitch, never mind with 10. Pathetic.

Just seen the replay, Windass foot was chest high, completely pointless. 

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Never been a red card. He’s realised his foot was high and pulled back but his momentum caused the contact. No intent at all, just a stupid decision. Yellow card all day long, never been a red for that. Ruined the game after 16 minutes

A ref makes decisions on what they see, nothing to do with the quality of a game, foul is a foul...