Jump to content

On the eve of Tony Pulis' first match as Owls manager.. the making of the boy from Pill


Recommended Posts

Evening all,

 

Some Friday evening light reading for anyone that likes that sort of thing, on the making of a young Tony Pulis.

As working class as working class gets, he is the son of a Newport steelworker and slept four-to-a-bed with his brothers until he was 15. An unspectacular player, by the time he was 22 he had a UEFA A-License.

 

I spoke to former Wales manager Bobby Gould, the man who met him as a 17-year-old and later gave him his first proper coaching role, to learn a little bit more about the new Owls boss.

Do us a favour and get it read so my bosses will keep letting me do these, yeah? 😉


https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/pillgwenlly-docks-europa-league-making-sheffield-wednesday-boss-tony-pulis-3041875

 

 

 

Pulis BR.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Toadie said:

Evening all,

 

Some Friday evening light reading for anyone that likes that sort of thing, on the making of a young Tony Pulis.

As working class as working class gets, he is the son of a Newport steelworker and slept four-to-a-bed with his brothers until he was 15. An unspectacular player, by the time he was 22 he had a UEFA A-License.

 

I spoke to former Wales manager Bobby Gould, the man who met him as a 17-year-old and later gave him his first proper coaching role, to learn a little bit more about the new Owls boss.

Do us a favour and get it read so my bosses will keep letting me do these, yeah? 😉

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/pillgwenlly-docks-europa-league-making-sheffield-wednesday-boss-tony-pulis-3041875

 

 

Pulis BR.jpeg

 


This time with a functioning link.. https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/pillgwenlly-docks-europa-league-making-sheffield-wednesday-boss-tony-pulis-3041875

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Toadie said:

 

Pulis BR.jpeg

 

Looks like one of them heavies that worked for a rival car dealer  in Minder.

 

"Careful Terry, that's Micky the fish's lad"

  • Haha 7

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Great read.

The more I learn about him the more I'm convinced we have a man who will change the fortunes of this club.

Aye in two years time when your paying to watch youl want to dig his heart out with a spoon.

Pulis is not the messiah and this club wont move foreward under DC & Paxo, its been stuck in reverse that long it cant find the other gears

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulis is from the same hometown as me. Must admit I didn't like his style of football at Stoke but did enjoy seeing some of the big clubs struggling against them and making excuses later on. Pulis to be honest wasn't one of my preferred choices but he could be a smart appointment. 

 

I feel like he's still eager to prove people wrong and his experience will help us a lot but like the likes of Bruce and Warnock, he strikes me as a manager willing to adapt, play to a teams strengths and still looking to improve and help others in the game improve too. I hope he does very well here, if he does stabilise us and eventually help us get back to the top flight, he'll become a modern day Wednesday hero and legend. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Aye in two years time when your paying to watch youl want to dig his heart out with a spoon.

Pulis is not the messiah and this club wont move foreward under DC & Paxo, its been stuck in reverse that long it cant find the other gears

There is no bigger critic of DC than me, if and it's a big if should listen to someone such as Pulis then I think we move forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Pulis is from the same hometown as me. Must admit I didn't like his style of football at Stoke but did enjoy seeing some of the big clubs struggling against them and making excuses later on. Pulis to be honest wasn't one of my preferred choices but he could be a smart appointment. 

 

I feel like he's still eager to prove people wrong and his experience will help us a lot but like the likes of Bruce and Warnock, he strikes me as a manager willing to adapt, play to a teams strengths and still looking to improve and help others in the game improve too. I hope he does very well here, if he does stabilise us and eventually help us get back to the top flight, he'll become a modern day Wednesday hero and legend. 

 

 

  If we can make the bigger clubs and equal clubs rather play anyone else but us then that will do for me . We've been a soft touch for years and even when we've been half way decent other teams didn't really fear playing us . I want teams managers to whine about us after every game and fans forums to be spitting bile about our play . Means we've given them a game they didn't want or are not looking forward to . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...