If one Sheffield Wednesday player could have the game of their life tomorrow

Guest LondonOwl313
6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Since Monk came in he’s been really poor. Hopefully Pulis can get him back to his best, but something tells me he’s not really a Pulis type player. 

Funny how under Monk Westwood and Hutchinson got bombed out, and Reach, FF and Rhodes were poor. Have a hard time believing that all 5 of those are no longer capable at this level.. could understand one or two but not all of them at the same time

6 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Funny how under Monk Westwood and Hutchinson got bombed out, and Reach, FF and Rhodes were poor. Have a hard time believing that all 5 of those are no longer capable at this level.. could understand one or two but not all of them at the same time

Not defending monk , but regardless of what people think, Westwood is finished . Hutchinson has had his day too. Rhodes has been poor under every manager , forestieri a waste of space under every manager and reach was poor under Bruce before monk. 

he wasn’t a decent manager, but it’s not rocket science to see what went wrong with those five . 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
27 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Not defending monk , but regardless of what people think, Westwood is finished . Hutchinson has had his day too. Rhodes has been poor under every manager , forestieri a waste of space under every manager and reach was poor under Bruce before monk. 

he wasn’t a decent manager, but it’s not rocket science to see what went wrong with those five . 

Well I just think that most people would say they were all good players at this level 4 years ago.

Westwood last played well at the end of 2018/19, played badly for 3 months start of 2019/20 then not been seen for a year. We’re about to find out whether he still has it.. I suspect he does and last season was just a poor run of form. Either way he’s 36 so it’s a swan song at best

The others are all 27-31, what you’d consider to be peak age for a footballer. Certainly not the age where they’re on the scrap heap.. you’re talking 34-36 when most seem to lose it and retire with some playing on even longer. Hutchinson’s had his ongoing injury problems but the others by and large were fit (FF to a lesser extent than Reach and Rhodes).

I remember Reach having some decent games under Bruce, Swansea at home was one. Never really felt like Rhodes and FF were managed very well.. the latter clearly needs an arm around him or he fades away and the former has to have the right set up to have a chance of being effective.

Still think it’s odd that 4 outfield players who were top 6 players 4 years ago are in their prime years and no longer effective. If there’s no physical reason then I can’t see why they can’t get back to that level but I guess it depends how much they want it and whether the manager gets the best out of them. They’ve probably been lacking on both fronts. Can probably add Tom Lees to the list of players as well so that’s 6 

That will be the keeper then,weve no forewards to speak of,there was one that could nick us a goal,maybe two but he was driven out by the hate brigade that new better,and took Fox and Fletchers advice.

The midfield dont have great history of goals,Reach hits a couple of worldies for tv, Bannan has hit his one for the season,Luongo if hes fit may score,Browns not a goalthreat hes more the creator when fit,JoeyP has no goal history to speak of,Harris is suspended,hes a league two player at best.

Of the forewards,Rhodes lost his mojo WAY before Boro bought him,and some idiot thought it would be worth a gamble at way above what we could afford,must have been a sherry night over in Cockbang,Windass is a league one striker with a poor strike rate,of them all Kachunga has done the business at this level as central striker,he knows how to sore but so did Rhodes,its a fair point to bang on about service,that wont get any better under TP,strikers are well paid to hit goals and in the right formula they will.

To set a side up to score goals the players have to have goals in them,wether its MF or defenders and the strikers will add theirs to the tally,again it comes down to smart recruitment and a plan,and aqcuiring the best players at the right price to fit that plan.

we just lurch from one system to another,we have no plan we just recruit managers,who play different systems,rather than having a system/style in place and recruiting the right management.which is why weve ended up with a disjointed squad

20 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

100% Rhodes.

If we get the service in and literally use him as a poacher and not a target man or link up player he will come on leaps and bounds. This may be blind faith or actually me really wanting him to succeed as I think as a professional and a person, he is a top lad.

But if played right with a No10 like Brown/Windass behind him and good wingers getting crosses in quickly, I think we could have success with him.

Totally agree. You said it. He’s a poacher not a target man