If one Sheffield Wednesday player could have the game of their life tomorrow

4 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

100% Rhodes.

If we get the service in and literally use him as a poacher and not a target man or link up player he will come on leaps and bounds. This may be blind faith or actually me really wanting him to succeed as I think as a professional and a person, he is a top lad.

But if played right with a No10 like Brown/Windass behind him and good wingers getting crosses in quickly, I think we could have success with him.

lol give it up, its never going to happen.  

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He was dropped after one more game.

Was it only one more, thought he got 3 or 4.

The problem was Fletcher and Rhodes played at Forest and it worked. Not just because Fletcher played but that was a big part of it.

A few games later we played at Stoke with Rhodes and Atty up front. Probably the slowest front two ever to start a league game and both were ineffective at best.

Rhodes played like he knew there was nothing good going to happen in the game and that was it . 

Who knows what could have happened if Fletcher had stayed fit.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Was it only one more, thought he got 3 or 4.

The problem was Fletcher and Rhodes played at Forest and it worked. Not just because Fletcher played but that was a big part of it.

A few games later we played at Stoke with Rhodes and Atty up front. Probably the slowest front two ever to start a league game and both were ineffective at best.

Rhodes played like he knew there was nothing good going to happen in the game and that was it . 

Who knows what could have happened if Fletcher had stayed fit.

Just looked.

Hat-trick Forest

W1-0 Bristol C

L 3-2 Stoke

Dropped

Didnt start for 14 games

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Which player would you want it to be?

Like many on here, I’d love  Jordan Rhodes to deliver.  His Wednesday career has been very disappointing and I do not expect it to come good for him.  I do feel sorry for Rhodes as he has never had a run of 10 plus games in the team and the team has never played to his strengths by getting crosses into the box for him to feed off.  Clown Carlos destroyed Rhodes.

I don’t know if Pulis will play him but if he does then the instruction will be to feed him.

P.s if reports are true I am glad Pulis has recognised that Dawson and Wildsmith don’t cut the mustard at Championship level.

Rhodes. Play to his strengths, and he bags 20 a season. Just needs that confidence and not snatch at every chance. He hasn’t played much football in recent years and look at the shape he’s in. A true pro. Suppose I should mention Westwood..

Rhodes - so much potential and he can do it. I watched Teddy Sheringham as he was ending his career - never the fastest but clever.  His movement in the box sent defenders scattering. If TP can get service to Rhodes and he can take advantage then it could be like a new signing. Last chance saloon for JR.