BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday appoint new Assistant Manager

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think you're right

I think he went for Pulis before Monk

Chansiri stated in his press conference that he had spoken to Pulis before

I've also seen somewhere, can't remember where now, that Pulis said the time wasn't right before

I'm not a fan of the way his Stoke team played the game, but I'm willing to give him a chance

I just hope that Chansiri does by providing him with the tools he needs

Otherwise, we'll be looking for another new manager in 12 months, to do yet another rebuilding job

Was interesting that it came directly after we had the points deduction cut to 6. I thought we looked dead and buried after Wycombe and with it being 12. He wouldn’t have fancied that because it would have been a hiding to nothing. 

As it is now you’d back us to stay up. So maybe we needed that to be resolved for him to accept.

He was also cagey in the press conference on when contact had been established. Was clearly prior to Monk being sacked and he couldn’t remember the timescales off the top of his head, and didn’t want to say it had been agreed weeks ago

31 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think you're right

I've also seen somewhere, can't remember where now, that Pulis said the time wasn't right before

I'm not a fan of the way his Stoke team played the game, but I'm willing to give him a chance

Otherwise, we'll be looking for another new manager in 12 months, to do yet another rebuilding job

Maybe he thought Monk would be the ideal man to get us used to carp football, a sort of long ball amuse bouche

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think you're right

I think Pulis said both parties didn’t particularly fancy it last summer? I think DC has brought Pulis in to do the job he originally brought Bruce in to do?

I think he was quite happy to allow Bruce and the experience he brought to influence him on how to push the club forward and I think he’ll be happy to let Pulis do the same. I’m starting to believe that Pulis will do very well here. I certainly feel he will do the job for us at Championship level that Megson did at League 1 level.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Jobs for his mate. I understand appointing him as a scout but now promoted to asst manager is rather odd.

You can put whatever badge on someone you want. Brian Clough had Peter Taylor as his Assistant Manager but Taylor did all the hunting for players. Maybe TP wants to get someone in whose judgement he trusts rather than relying on the existing scouting system (I'm assuming we have one !)

• Love 2

30 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Not being funny but he looks cold. Might be a decent coat but can’t we get him a wooly hat, scarf, and gloves too to keep him warm?

Chansiri can't afford any at the prices we charge in the shop. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GlasgOwl said:

https://miketrussonrecruitment.com/curriculum-vitae/

An enthusiasm and desire to watch, assess, analyse and collate information on games and players be them live, in England or abroad, on TV or through internet platforms such as Wyscout

I embrace and utilise technology, analysis and statistics as vital and strategic tools to search, identify and report on players. I collate and organise my scouting information in a searchable data base, so that I can easily and simply search for and provide answers in relation to player recruitment.

He aint that old and aint this guy.

compbinned.gif

Thank you for posting the link, I thought this was a interesting page on player recruitment: https://miketrussonrecruitment.com/services/ He said "I watched him (Ahmed Hegazi) in the Africans Nations Cup on Wyscout, liked him and then went to Egypt to watch him twice. As a result I recommended WBA sign him, which they did. He has been a real success." I agree with him, I always liked him as a player and thought West Brom found a rough gem with him. Bilić thought so as well and was disappointed/angry with WBA letting him go recently. Another player was Harvey Barnes, he said "A few years ago I watched Chelsea U23 vs Leicester U23 and a young lad called Harvey Barnes was playing for Leicester. He impressed me and I added a favorable report to my database. A year later he went on loan to Barnsley and I watched him again a couple of times. He had grown, developed and improved. In the summer of 2018, Darren Moore, the WBA Head Coach asked me  to recommend a potential loan signing for a wide role. Harvey was high up on my list and one of two I recommend. So far, so far he's done exceptional well." I agree again, I like him as a player, but I haven't been keeping up to date with the Premier League for a bit, so don't know how he's been getting on. I'm gonna start again ect. so will find out. Finally after reading the other pages ect. I agree with what people have said here, which is he's a experienced football man who's been in different roles ect. The assistant manager job title shouldn't be difficult for him.   

4 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

Based on everything we've seen so far, DC is giving Pulis some ammo right from the start. I wonder what happens in the near future to the coaching staff that already were here like Thompson and Bullen.

Pulis mentioned Thompson in his press conference, I think he is the link to the academy he wants on his coaching staff.

• Like 1