BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday appoint new Assistant Manager

18 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Jobs for his mate. I understand appointing him as a scout but now promoted to asst manager is rather odd.

People like Trusson who have been around the game and in dressing rooms years understand the game, it's not some massive drastic switch where suddenly he's going to be out of his depth. He's TP's new right hand man and he's worked with him many o'times.

Quick look on his website, 40 years experience in various roles from playing to scouting and coaching, He's scouted many many games so will have a good understanding a knowledge of players for this level, recently been with Celtic, the guy is no mug, very experienced guy who can offer us a great benefits.

Tony Pulis is known to take training himself, so can't see Trusson doing much on that front anyway as well as any other coaches he brings in.

Looks a good CV and on paper a really good appointment for us.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

People like Trusson who have been around the game and in dressing rooms years understand the game, it's not some massive drastic switch where suddenly he's going to be out of his depth. He's TP's new right hand man and he's worked with him many o'times.

Quick look on his website, 40 years experience in various roles from playing to scouting and coaching, He's scouted many many games so will have a good understanding a knowledge of players for this level, recently been with Celtic, the guy is no mug, very experienced guy who can offer us a great benefits.

Tony Pulis is known to take training himself, so can't see Trusson doing much on that front anyway as well as any other coaches he brings in.

Time will  tell as per usual.

7 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Maybe a bit of role reversal as the assistant usually does the coaching with the manager doing the other stuff.  But not TP. Hopefully he will oversee quality recruitment

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Odd appointment to me but will back what Pulis thinks. Just hoping it doesn’t mean that he’s not been able to attract more established coaches to join him

Assistant Manager not coach. I think there may be a difference in what he is coming to do

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Without wanting to pursue an ageism agenda, do we think that the two of them will finally get our “young and dynamic” recruitment drive up and running? There’s not much evidence that Pulis has previously taken that route, but maybe this guy will

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

TBH I don’t think Chansiri was ever completely sold on Monk? His unveiling at the press conference was hardly a rousing affair particularly from DC?

I think you're right

I think he went for Pulis before Monk

Chansiri stated in his press conference that he had spoken to Pulis before

I've also seen somewhere, can't remember where now, that Pulis said the time wasn't right before

I'm not a fan of the way his Stoke team played the game, but I'm willing to give him a chance

I just hope that Chansiri does by providing him with the tools he needs

Otherwise, we'll be looking for another new manager in 12 months, to do yet another rebuilding job

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.