BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday appoint new Assistant Manager

I think if the structure and foundations of a club are very solid, then you might have more capacity and (from a fan’s perspective) desire for a younger, more progressive managerial team.

But the truth it, I don’t think we can say our structure and foundations as a club are competitive with the likes of Brentford, so I think it makes sense to have a managerial team with experience and contacts. I hope they can bring professionalism to the players but also to our owner and the rest of the club.

As always - not really a fan of the Pulis appointment but looking for the positives 

Edited by gbear05
  • Like 1

Don't keep making the same mistake time and time again!

Age = experience.

Its a fallacy. If through your life, you keep doing the same thing over and over, that's NOT experience. The only way to gain experience is to make mistakes, then recognise what and where the mistakes are, and change them. 

A wise old Manager once told me 'You can make any mistake once and get away with it. What you cannot do is keep making the same mistake over and over. That's not experience, its bad habit. Experience is making mistakes and learning from them, or better still, learning from others ' mistakes.

He's got a great range of experience and a lot of it will be particularly useful, not least the networking. 

I wonder if it's unusual for an assistant manager to have such a varied background.  Best of luck to him.

• Love 1

As assistant manager it does not mean he is a major part of the coaching staff. In  Pulis’ interview he made a point of the work that needed doing structurally to the club and the link between the academy and 1st team. It could well be that given his  wide experience he is helping develop what happens outside the 1st team.  A move I would think is a major step forward and shows what a positive move getting someone with Pulis’s clout will be

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So many people trying to make out that our management team is over the hill but forget that when Big Ron was last here he was 72, and Peter Shreeves was in his late 80's

I loved Peter Shreeves, he used to dress like a French resistance spy from the war.    You dont see enough berets in football management any more.

• Haha 5

It looks like Chansiri is learning from his previous mistake

You can't bring a new manager in and not let him appoint his own staff

It took Monk over a year before he was allowed to bring staff in

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.