I Follow

5 hours ago, shandypants said:

I watch each match on iFollow with my mates over WhatsApp. I have a brand new ACER laptop with an Intel Core i7 processor and 8 gigs of RAM, so laptop performance and/or latency shouldn’t be an issue yet I am always 3 or 4 seconds behind them in the stream. I am on Sky Broadband with the newest router. 

Anyone know how I can reduce this lag?

Your CPU and/or RAM has nothing to do with network latency. That is down to a multitude of things mostly out of your control. However if you can hardwire to your router, that may reduce a small amout of latency, but we are talking milliseconds.

I hate to tell you though, 8Gb of RAM is tiny these days. 64Gb is fairly standard for something considered powerful, but your hard drive, CPU and GPU also play a part in performance. Run a Windows Experience score and see what you get. Anything below 8 is pretty lame.

24 minutes ago, Broncolives said:

Having bought a pass I haven’t had email with code ??? 

You should get an email confirming your purchase but you don’t get a discount code.

You pay a tenner for away games and if you have completed your purchase properly then you will be able to log on and get access tomorrow 

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

Your CPU and/or RAM has nothing to do with network latency. That is down to a multitude of things mostly out of your control. However if you can hardwire to your router, that may reduce a small amout of latency, but we are talking milliseconds.

I hate to tell you though, 8Gb of RAM is tiny these days. 64Gb is fairly standard for something considered powerful, but your hard drive, CPU and GPU also play a part in performance. Run a Windows Experience score and see what you get. Anything below 8 is pretty lame.

That USED to be true a few years ago but isn't any longer

The brand new Macbook Air comes shipped with 8Gb of RAM and is pretty much the fastest laptop on the planet

Owlstalk Shop

16 hours ago, shandypants said:

I watch each match on iFollow with my mates over WhatsApp. I have a brand new ACER laptop with an Intel Core i7 processor and 8 gigs of RAM, so laptop performance and/or latency shouldn’t be an issue yet I am always 3 or 4 seconds behind them in the stream. I am on Sky Broadband with the newest router. 

Anyone know how I can reduce this lag?

Have you tried alcohol?

That should fix that 3 second lag in no time.  

I applied for an Ifollow match pass for the Swansea game not realising that it was scheduled to be

televised on Sky Sports.

Does anyone know, will I still have £10 deducted from my ST credit balance if I don't apply the code number,

when I receive it,  to activate the Ifollow match pass.

TIA

Edited by oldtawnyowl