I Follow

I watch each match on iFollow with my mates over WhatsApp. I have a brand new ACER laptop with an Intel Core i7 processor and 8 gigs of RAM, so laptop performance and/or latency shouldn’t be an issue yet I am always 3 or 4 seconds behind them in the stream. I am on Sky Broadband with the newest router. 

Anyone know how I can reduce this lag?

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I watch each match on iFollow with my mates over WhatsApp. I have a brand new ACER laptop with an Intel Core i7 processor and 8 gigs of RAM, so laptop performance and/or latency shouldn’t be an issue yet I am always 3 or 4 seconds behind them in the stream. I am on Sky Broadband with the newest router. 

I understood all of this up until the point you started typing.

But I make Stig of the Dump look like modern-man.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, shandypants said:

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I understood all of this up until the point you started typing.

But I make Stig of the Dump look like modern-man.

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Not me. 

I had heard that gigs was a ram. Not sure about his latency. 

Please post simple language we can understand  

Can I join your what's app group? 

Thanks for your advice chaps. Much appreciated. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, shandypants said:

You can't

There's a delay in the broadcast of it

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, shandypants said:

You really need high internet speed  and a high ping rate.

Try shutting down any other items you ave connected to your wifi.

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can't

There's a delay in the broadcast of it

Think he’s saying his mates are also watching it too via ifollow and he’s 3 seconds behind them.. so must be an issue to do with his connection

42 minutes ago, shandypants said:

A genuine idea...

Why don’t you and your mates stop it at the same point? Say, the instant the Ref blows the whistle or the instant the Owls team-sheet is taken off etc...?

You’d all be watching it with the same lag then, give or take a split second.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

A genuine idea...

Why don’t you and your mates stop it at the same point? Say, the instant the Ref blows the whistle or the instant the Owls team-sheet is taken off etc...?

You’d all be watching it with the same lag then, give or take a split second.

We’ve tried that. But it doesn’t restart instantly and consistently so it still ends up out of sync. Thank you anyway bud. 

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

Dont use wifi use a ethernet cable straight from router....might help

• Like 1