Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, punkassmofo said:

They played Pukki or what ever his name is who was scoring for fun at the time. 
 

You’re argument holds no water as no one at the club has a better record ‘ at this club’ in his position, and or who has proven they can do it previously at this level to even a quarter of the standard he has been at. The fact remains he hasn’t had a consolidated run in the side to afford him the opportunity to get up to pace nor has he had the players around him to support him to his game. 
 

With this in mind tell me who plays up front till the transfer window opens in January? 

  

Read all of the posts, answer all of the posts, please. 


What’s the reason you’ve got the minus ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cowl said:

 

Yeah, more-or-less. I'm just puzzled how your stats (it's 9 league starts for Rhodes in the last two seasons, by the way) relate to that?


Yep maybe the point I was trying to make wasn’t at all clear.

 

My point was that his goals when starting for us since the start of the 17/18 season arent as bad as I and many think.

 

1 in 2 starts this season

4 in 10 starts over 2 seasons

9 in 26 starts over 3 seasons

 

Not great, not amazing, no messiah, but compared to our other choices, decent.

 

Its just that he doesn’t start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Holmowl said:


FFS !
 

The only posters talking about this “nice bloke” thing are his detractors.

 

Not one poster is saying he’s amazing, or the messiah, and I couldn’t give a flying fig whether he’s nice to his mum, delivers to care-homes and rescues kittens.

 

HE IS BETTER THAN MARRIOTT, PATERSON, KACHUNGA and WINDASS.

 

And that’s it. 

Agree. Other than the whole ‘he’s better than’ - I don’t think anyone’s been seen in the right circumstances under Monk...really. 

 

I’d be more inclined to say that all of the above failed under Monk and now it’s Pulis’ time to see who he can get firing. Rhodes is the most experienced. Rhodes scored in his first game. Didn’t score in the next game. Then was weirdly left out. Rhodes suits the Pulis style the most.

 

The long and short of it though is that we’ve got a plethora of failed strikers, we can’t really get much worse in front of goal, we’ve got a month and a bit till we can get another striker in (doubtful unless Marriott goes back).

 

No one is saying that he’s justified getting a chance through previous performances. But that was then, this is now. We’re here, in this situation. We need goals and Jordan COULD be the man. He also might not be. But he needs a run 

 

 

Edited by FlyingOwl
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Read all of the posts, answer all of the posts, please. 


What’s the reason you’ve got the minus ? 


 

what’s minus got to do with it, but some Cheb end went through every single post and negged them, 

 

Not sure what you want me to answer, I’ve asked a simple question which you can’t answer because the answer goes against everything you have said. 
 

so for one final time who plays up front from now till January when the transfer window opens ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, punkassmofo said:


 

so for one final time who plays up front from now till January when the transfer window opens ? 

 

I would guess that depends on whether we play one or two strikers, if it's one I doubt it will be Rhodes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:


Yep maybe the point I was trying to make wasn’t at all clear.

 

My point was that his goals when starting for us since the start of the 17/18 season arent as bad as I and many think.

 

1 in 2 starts this season

4 in 10 starts over 2 seasons

9 in 26 starts over 3 seasons

 

Not great, not amazing, no messiah, but compared to our other choices, decent.

 

Its just that he doesn’t start. 

 

Right, I see.

 

Then I don't think we're disagreeing; my point was just to emphasize that if we're to give him game time, then do it with him starting games rather than at the end of games because his impact on games from the bench has been minimal.

 

And yeah, his goals-to-start ratios are just about respectable (and even better, since, as I say it's 4 in 9 over the last 2 seasons!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

I would guess that depends on whether we play one or two strikers, if it's one I doubt it will be Rhodes.

That’s a doubt not a name of who plays up front from now till January.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cowl said:

 

Right, I see.

 

Then I don't think we're disagreeing; my point was just to emphasize that if we're to give him game time, then do it with him starting games rather than at the end of games because his impact on games from the bench has been minimal.

 

And yeah, his goals-to-start ratios are just about respectable (and even better, since, as I say it's 4 in 9 over the last 2 seasons!)

Would be interested to hear from Blackburn and Huddersfield fans on how he was for them because it does feel like if he played every game he’d have a shot at getting 20 goals, but he doesn’t do a lot else in the game other than that. I wonder if that was always the case.

 

Other thing is the distribution of the goals. As you said, 4 in 9.. but that’s one 3 and one 1, plus seven 0s. So 7 out of 9 games with no goals nor anything much else.

 

I mean he could play every game, get 20 goals overall but still do very little in 35 out of the 46 games on that basis

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, punkassmofo said:

That’s a doubt not a name of who plays up front from now till January.

 

TBF it can only be a doubt unless we know how Pulis intends to set up. 

So if it's one up front Windassor or Paterson, If it's two up front two from Windass, Paterson, Rhodes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, punkassmofo said:


 

what’s minus got to do with it, but some Cheb end went through every single post and negged them, 

 

Not sure what you want me to answer, I’ve asked a simple question which you can’t answer because the answer goes against everything you have said. 
 

so for one final time who plays up front from now till January when the transfer window opens ? 

I can see why you got the negs now. 
 

I’ve answered your questions in other posts. I don’t think there’s a law that that states I have to respond to all of your posts.

 
Where have I said we cant play him. I’ve said he’s been a terrible signing. I note you’ve not argued that point. I told you other clubs don’t want to sign him. Because they don’t. Is that so difficult to work out ?
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

TBF it can only be a doubt unless we know how Pulis intends to set up. 

So if it's one up front Windassor or Paterson, If it's two up front two from Windass, Paterson, Rhodes.

So from that list what has Windass and Paterson (who Pulis has openly said isn’t a forward) done to warrant starting ahead of Rhodes ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I can see why you got the negs now. 
 

I’ve answered your questions in other posts. I don’t think there’s a law that that states I have to respond to all of your posts.

 
Where have I said we cant play him. I’ve said he’s been a terrible signing. I note you’ve not argued that point. I told you other clubs don’t want to sign him. Because they don’t. Is that so difficult to work out ?
 

 

You’ve said other clubs don’t want to sign him because they don’t, haha please give over. You know this how?

 

you haven’t said who plays up front till January transfer window is because we know the answer and it goes against everything you have said. Your argument holds no water. 
 

As for the negs, is that really the best you have? Quite laughable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

 

Its just that he doesn’t start. 

Thats a problem you are trying to score goals isn't it.  The story of Jordan Rhodes for the last 4 or 5 years is exactly what you have written above.

Shouldn't be the case but it is with every manager he has had. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, punkassmofo said:

So from that list what has Windass and Paterson (who Pulis has openly said isn’t a forward) done to warrant starting ahead of Rhodes ?

 

Not sure what point you are trying to make?

Nowhere have I said that either of those three warrant starting in front of any of the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Would be interested to hear from Blackburn and Huddersfield fans on how he was for them because it does feel like if he played every game he’d have a shot at getting 20 goals, but he doesn’t do a lot else in the game other than that. I wonder if that was always the case.

 

Other thing is the distribution of the goals. As you said, 4 in 9.. but that’s one 3 and one 1, plus seven 0s. So 7 out of 9 games with no goals nor anything much else.

 

I mean he could play every game, get 20 goals overall but still do very little in 35 out of the 46 games on that basis

 

Ultimately, this is why he so often gets dropped. I mean, he scored a hat-trick against Forest, then goes two games without scoring and he gets dropped.

 

Now, it's easy to say you should stick by a player like that, but I can also understand why a manager feels as though he needs more from a striker. Especially, since his responsibility is to see that he gets the best possible results for the team, rather than seeing to it that a player can get 20+ a season.

 

Of course, when our players have scored only 1 goal from open play since the opening game of the season, you have to try to get the goals in whatever way you can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Norwich wanted him, so did Celtic...prob be others we don't know about.

If they wanted him, what stopped it. 
 

He wasn’t getting the required game time here to justify his wages. 
 

If those two clubs really wanted him, they  could’ve made it happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

Not sure what point you are trying to make?

Nowhere have I said that either of those three warrant starting in front of any of the other.

I never said you did mate, you responded to my question of who plays up front till the January transfer window. 
 

Someone has to ? 

 

I think Rhodes is the answer, considering he’s not had run of more than five games in the side, others don’t so hence my question 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, punkassmofo said:

You’ve said other clubs don’t want to sign him because they don’t, haha please give over. You know this how?

 

you haven’t said who plays up front till January transfer window is because we know the answer and it goes against everything you have said. Your argument holds no water. 
 

As for the negs, is that really the best you have? Quite laughable. 

I think you can’t read.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...