Line up for Preston

Guest wilyfox

Is Westwood even fit enough to play? Doesn’t show Wildsmith & Dawson much respect if 🧢 picks Westwood off the couch after a year without training properly or even so much as an u23s app.

24 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Is Westwood even fit enough to play? Doesn’t show Wildsmith & Dawson much respect if 🧢 picks Westwood off the couch after a year without training properly or even so much as an u23s app.

Let's be honest..they are both lacking. 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Think we will go 433 and go for a height at the back 

Westwood 

uroghide.       Iorfa.      Lees   Reach or van aken 

Luongo

Brown.          Bannan

kachunga                                        Windass 

Rhodes or marriot 

Your miles off.

...............Westwood 

Palmer...Lee's.....Borner...Penney 

Odubajo...Luongo...Bannan...Reach

..........Rhodes.....Windass

4 4 2 and quick early balls into the box as it's the only way to get the best out of Rhodes.

Wildsmith, Brennan, Galvin, Shaw, Brown, Patterson, Marriott.

Guest wilyfox
3 hours ago, brando said:

Let's be honest..they are both lacking. 

So was Westwood before being dropped a year ago. They’ve all got mistakes in them tbf, but I don’t see how Westwood can be in better shape or condition than t’other two having not played at any level for a year. Bold decision to throw him straight in if 🧢 does.

18 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Luongo does not appear to be listed in the full squad. So injured again by the looks of it. 😩

He's been in training this week, might be still recovering? It say on the examinerlive website "Pulis will welcome Australian international Massimo Luongo back in midfield. He is available for selection again, having shrugged off a knee problem which as sidelined him since mid-October." But he's not in the squad? Anyway from the squad listed, I think it's gonna be 4-2-3-1:      

Wildsmith

Odubajo,  Lees,  Böner,  Penney

Pelupessy,  FDB

Kachunga,  Bannan,  Reach

Rhodes

Bench:

Westwood

Dawson 

Palmer

Van Aken

Brown 

Hunt

Paterson 

Windass

So Van Aken and Paterson are fit and Dunkley, Iorfa, Flint, Luongo and Marriott are injured. It's very weird that we have 3 GK's and only 8 subs? I would have replaced a GK with Galvin and added Shaw as well.

Sounds like from Pulis' quotes that we might try and play more like his West Brom team, rather than Middlesbrough. But in a way that suits the players we've got. 

“At West Brom, I had Bobby Brown and two little forwards who couldn’t play that way so we played through the pitch quickly with smaller passes. I had (Chris) Brunt, (James) Morrison and (Craig) Gardner (who also joined the Owls coaching staff this week) who were good footballers but we still played the way I like playing and that is through the pitch when you get the opportunity. That’s what I’ll try and do here.
I will look to find a way that suits the team and try and play to that. I expect the players to be committed and work as hard as they possibly can. We will set our stall out to put a system in place that suits the lads who are at this football club at this present moment..."

Seems like we'll go 4-2-3-1 based on Pulis' words and the available squad. 

Full Sheffield Wednesday squad to face Preston: Keiren Westwood; Cameron Dawson, Joe Wildsmith, Tom Lees, Joost van Aken, Julian Börner, Liam Palmer, Moses Odubajo, Matt Penney, Joey Pelupessy, Barry Bannan, Massimo Luongo, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Alex Hunt, Adam Reach, Izzy Brown, Jordan Rhodes, Elias Kachunga, Josh Windass, Callum Paterson.

My guess would be:

Westwood or Wildsmith;

Odubajo, 

Lees,

Borner,

Penney;

Pelupessy, 

Luongo;

Brown, 

Bannan, 

Reach;

Rhodes or Windass. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

He's been in training this week, might be still recovering? It say on the examinerlive website "Pulis will welcome Australian international Massimo Luongo back in midfield. He is available for selection again, having shrugged off a knee problem which as sidelined him since mid-October." But he's not in the squad? Anyway from the squad listed, I think it's gonna be 4-2-3-1:      

Wildsmith

Odubajo,  Lees,  Böner,  Penney

Pelupessy,  FDB

Kachunga,  Bannan,  Reach

Rhodes

Bench:

Westwood

Dawson 

Palmer

Van Aken

Brown 

Hunt

Paterson 

Windass

So Van Aken and Paterson are fit and Dunkley, Iorfa, Flint, Luongo and Marriott are injured. It's very weird that we have 3 GK's and only 8 subs? I would have replaced a GK with Galvin and added Shaw as well.

Luongo has been added now, so I'll replace him for FDB. Doom messing it up again.

• Like 2

Full Sheffield Wednesday squad to face Preston: 

Keiren Westwood, Cameron Dawson, Joe Wildsmith, Tom Lees, Joost van Aken, Julian Börner, Liam Palmer, Moses Odubajo, Matt Penney, Joey Pelupessy, Barry Bannan, Massimo Luongo, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Alex Hunt, Adam Reach, Izzy Brown, Jordan Rhodes, Elias Kachunga, Josh Windass, Callum Paterson.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Full Sheffield Wednesday squad to face Preston: 

Keiren Westwood, Cameron Dawson, Joe Wildsmith, Tom Lees, Joost van Aken, Julian Börner, Liam Palmer, Moses Odubajo, Matt Penney, Joey Pelupessy, Barry Bannan, Massimo Luongo, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Alex Hunt, Adam Reach, Izzy Brown, Jordan Rhodes, Elias Kachunga, Josh Windass, Callum Paterson.

no Iorfa or Marriott. Gutted about Iorfa. We look so much more solid with him in the team. 

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

no Iorfa or Marriott. Gutted about Iorfa. We look so much more solid with him in the team. 

Aye, Iorfa's a big miss but Lees and Borner have looked solid too recently. In my opinion, in different ways Iorfa, Luongo and Bannan are our key players. Iorfa for his ability to mop up at the back; Luongo for his suitability to sit in front of the defence and being our most all rounder midfielder, and Bannan for his ability on the ball and to pick out a pass or deliver a killer ball. 

• Like 1