Westwood Joins the squad.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What did Wildsmith do wrong?

He was proper shaky against Bournemouth - to say he kept a clean sheet it was a pretty ropey performance 

Against Wycombe he made a massive howler right at the start and go away with it.

Against Millwall he had nothing to do So generally did fine, but spent most of the night kicking it out of play

24 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Maybe we don’t concede many because the focus is on defence and we don’t attack which is why we don’t score. We’re bound to be more open if we commit more players forward which we need to do.

We conceded far more second half of last season.

would have bet that we’d have got something at Rotherham with Westwood in goal. Dawson cost us the game in the first half 

Lees and Borner were as much to blame as Dawson

31 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So you’re going to say, when I’m proven right, which I always am, and our fortunes improve with Westwood in goal, that it was nothing to do with Westwood aren’t you?

We are on 6 points from 11 games so To say our fortunes should improve is hardly a ground breaking prediction. They can’t really get much worse.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We are on 6 points from 11 games so To say our fortunes should improve is hardly a ground breaking prediction. They can’t really get much worse.

But, when our fortunes improve with Westwood in goal, you’re going to say it was nothing to do with Westwood aren’t you?

not getting the westwood love affair , we have the 3 combined worst keepers , westwood was dire last season before he was dropped ,now he aint kept for 12months and not trained hardly either and most think some world class keeper is starting on saturday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

So you’re going to say, when I’m proven right, which I always am, and our fortunes improve with Westwood in goal, that it was nothing to do with Westwood aren’t you?

Bloody hell.

You're wasted on here if that's the case.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cowl said:

You didn't see any of Wildsmith's games after the restart then?

yes i did and the lads comeback well since he got back into the team ....maybe westwood will rediscover his game but he doesnt deserve to walk straight back in .

• Like 1

This Westwood being dire argument is an odd one.

He dropped 2 balls under pressure - mistakes clearly 

He got sent off trying to atone for a Lees error

He parried a shot into danger, but it was a difficult ball to deal with 

That’s it I think.

A bad run of 4 games 12 months ago isn’t really relevant. 

Dawsons has a bad run of 4 games in every 10, Wildsmith similar or worse

Just now, McRightSide said:

He could ******** sleepwalk back in

he certainly sleepwalked thru some games last season until he lost his place ... .....i have no doubt he'll get back in but its on reputation coz it cant be on the form of the last games he played which were fecking awful ........if he can reproduce the form of a 2 or 3 years ago i'll be delighted (and surprised) 

Guest LondonOwl313
21 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

This Westwood being dire argument is an odd one.

He dropped 2 balls under pressure - mistakes clearly 

He got sent off trying to atone for a Lees error

He parried a shot into danger, but it was a difficult ball to deal with 

That’s it I think.

A bad run of 4 games 12 months ago isn’t really relevant. 

Dawsons has a bad run of 4 games in every 10, Wildsmith similar or worse

Exactly this.. was a Palmer error I think though if it’s the one at Reading on the opening day.

The guy had 4 bad games after 150 excellent ones and then people put him lower down the pecking order than the other two who will be playing for Alfreton when they leave here

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Exactly this.. was a Palmer error I think though if it’s the one at Reading on the opening day.

The guy had 4 bad games after 150 excellent ones and then people put him lower down the pecking order than the other two who will be playing for Alfreton when they leave here

Slight exaggerations going on here, but carry on. 

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Slight exaggerations going on here, but carry on. 

Honestly read this thread.. there are genuinely people who think he’s worse than the other two.

Maybe I was being a bit harsh on Wildsmith, I think he’s half decent as back up and probably will make a career in the league. Do think Dawson is Alfreton level though.. luckily for him he got a 4 year contract so doesn’t have to worry about it

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Honestly read this thread.. there are genuinely people who think he’s worse than the other two.

Maybe I was being a bit harsh on Wildsmith, I think he’s half decent as back up and probably will make a career in the league. Do think Dawson is Alfreton level though.. luckily for him he got a 4 year contract so doesn’t have to worry about it

Well, he's no doubt the most accomplished out of our three goalkeepers. 

Unfortunately, he seems to have a knack of falling out with certain managers and/or doesn't like getting dropped and having to re-earn his place. 

Hope he comes in and does well and, if he can get back somewhere near to his best, then we still have a very good keeper on our hands. However, I really think we need to be looking at a new number 1 in the summer. The whole Westwood thing has become a real circus.