Spain v Germany

gurujuan

Currently watching the Spain v Germany game. Probably the best performance I’ve seen by an international side, Spain have been magical A lot of rubbish is written about Spanish football, passing to death etc, but I’ll tell you what, I’d rather watch this than anything we’ll see under Monk or Pulis

57 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Germany were poor though.

On the night they weren’t great, but Germany are always hard to beat. The way that Spain moved the ball, was hugely impressive. They also added a physical side to their game, something you don’t always see from Spanish sides. It was pass and move at its best

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

On the night they weren’t great, but Germany are always hard to beat. The way that Spain moved the ball, was hugely impressive. They also added a physical side to their game, something you don’t always see from Spanish sides. It was pass and move at its best

They absolutely murdered them from the off.

Germany played the whole game in total shock.

Watched it with a group over here including a German dentist neighbour who is a nice fella but was giving it some before the game.

He got some reyt hammer!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Didn't mean to take anything away from Spain. They could have had a load more.

I suppose the pressure from Spain causes 'forced' errors, to use an expression from racquet sports, in any defence.

12 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

I thought Spain had been stuttering a bit lately ( ? )

The job of sorting out the Spanish national team out has been an immense one but Luis Enrique has done a great job.  Just look at the lineups below.

• The first 3 are Spain winning 3 consequtive tournaments.  World class players winning major tournaments.
  • Followed by the Spain teams that struggled since.  Some of the same players, but ageing and trying to replace World Class names (Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas) with 'new' World Class names that weren't as good (e.g Isco, Costa, Asensio, Nolito).
  • Then look at the lineup from yesterday.  A diverse Spanish team, ignoring big names and avoiding many of the Real Madrid and Barca names in favour of players from across Europe.

Euro 2008 Final                                                                           World Cup 2010 Final                                                 Euro 2012 Final

image.png.b29dfe07e3bb0a619bfeca6337423945.pngimage.png.475510a20a291a47f61d6f5f5205244b.pngimage.png

World Cup 2014 Lineup                                                               Euro 2016 Lineup                                                      World Cup 2018 Lineup

image.png.b5d5e007b203ca5dcf711164a9193fd3.pngimage.png.54cf196ca08d192e2a684a1846f6567b.pngimage.png.b7632347da74f2f582e62d69854918ec.png  

Spain 6-0 Germany (Ramos replaced after 35 mins for Eric Garcia, Canales replaced after 5 mins for Fabian)

611208855_SpainGer.png.43610463c9f468e02e92e2da1ad8ea7a.png

Edited by Bez
  • Love 1