This Saturday - new manager syndrome

What we saying?

Wednesday to smash goal after goal in after being unshackled from the remarkably bizarre and constrained way that Monk had us playing?

Will we see a similar response to when Megson was (rightly) booted out after similar dire football, and the players kicked in after and won game after game with goal after goal flying in?

I reckon so

I think this will be the first thrilling game of the season and we'll see players with smiles on their faces again

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

It’s one of the games on Super 6. I’ve gone for 4-1 to Preston.....

Theyve got a shocking home record this season haven’t they? And they’re playing us.

That’s another thing though that I hope Pulis knocks out of us, namely our extremely charitable nature when it comes to ending everybody’s bad runs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Theyve got a shocking home record this season haven’t they? And they’re playing us.

That’s another thing though that I hope Pulis knocks out of us, namely our extremely charitable nature when it comes to ending everybody’s bad runs.

We did end Bournemouth's run though, buy your point is more than valid.

1 -0 defeat courtesy of a Westwood howler after 10 minutes in which he goes off injured shortly after never to be seen again.

On top of that turns out we didn't register him in time so we get a 6 point deduction which relegates us. 

It's the Wednesday way!

• Haha 7

I recall that Monk won his first game in charge. 

I feel like it’s different this time though - we’re still going to struggle from the aftermath of Monk. 

I’d take a 0-0 draw... nice and solid with a hint of some things to look forward to. 

We need to sort out our results away at Preston generally. 

46 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Shocking indeed; played 5 lost 5. I'd have piled on you but a record that bad has got to end soon and having lost away in the league for the first time this season, at Rotherham in their last match, I can't see them losing this one. I'd predict a draw.