Monk was fired by Swansea, fired by Boro, fired by Brum and fired by Wednesday.

A lot of criticism was voiced by others when I pointed out last March pre-lockdown that Monk was fired by Swansea, fired by Boro and fired by Brum and should be fired by us..

That was fine because this Site is all about different opinions.

However I will be surprised if Monk is offered another Prem/Championhip job.

Is he cut out to manage at League 1/2 level?  Not convinced personally that he would cut it there.

He is the Emperor's Clothes.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, dykwim said:

To be fair you could reel off any manager’s last few clubs and state that he was ‘fired’ by them. Not many retire or leave by mutual consent at the end of their existing contract. 

This - how many managers are poached by other teams as well now, rarely seems to happen, guess there must be clauses in contracts. 

Guest wilyfox

Most managers are fired multiple times. It’s nothing new. He’s a merry-go-round manager. Not the best, not the worst.

What disappointed me was his inability to get us scoring, which was surprising given his record with strikers at other clubs. Shame, but it clearly wasn’t working. 

I think the point the OP was trying to make is how many strikes do you get without success before being out out.

Most managers are given plenty of chances but when you've been sacked 4 times without any notable success the opportunities dry up at the same level.

Normally, I could see the likes of Derby sniffing around next but they would be mad to offer him an opportunity with his CV.

I can see him getting a gig at a league two or National League club next where he will need to strengthen his portfolio.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

A lot of criticism was voiced by others when I pointed out last March pre-lockdown that Monk was fired by Swansea, fired by Boro and fired by Brum and should be fired by us..

That was fine because this Site is all about different opinions.

However I will be surprised if Monk is offered another Prem/Championhip job.

Is he cut out to manage at League 1/2 level?  Not convinced personally that he would cut it there.

He is the Emperor's Clothes.

Think whether Garry Monk is a good manager or not has been done to death.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The obvious answer to that is to look at managers who have been fired from far more clubs than Monk has

Fair but I also think that some of them will have had more success and fewer high profile negatives associated with them. 

When he markets himself as a long term project man and he's been sacked now 5 times in less than 5 years with very little to shout about you start looking at the man as opposed to whether the job was right for them.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Is that 100% correct or could it be just your perception?

Just my perception, presenting some support to the OP to encourage them to post again rather than being shot down swiftly by others not prepared to budge on their stance. It a forum, everything is open for discussion isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Love 1