Pulis First Signing ?

4 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Rudy Gestede. Currently out of contract. 

If Pulis doesn’t think Paterson is a striker he’ll need to find a new target man somewhere. 

God knows where he thinks Paterson can play cos he doesn’t seem like a RB either like he’s supposed to be originally. 
Not sure what his best role could be. He’s slow for one, wins some headers/flick ons but nothing becomes of them really. This so called long throw hardly beats first man. JVA’s are as long if not longer. Time will tell. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 hour ago, Johnny12Inch said:

Have I missed something? Or is it just the poppy thing? 

Seems way too harsh if so

I don’t want to get into it on here, but there’s more to it. His hatred of anything British (Except pounds sterling)  goes well beyond a poppy. 

14 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

He's spoken highly of Sam Field a couple of times, I wouldn't be surprised if he went in for him in January.

Sam Field would be a quality signing. 

I said back before the autumn window closed, that one of the most important signings we could make would be a defensive/holding midfielder type.

As the season's progressed we look exposed without cover for Luongo. I think Pulis will notice the importance of having a more solid midfield, as well as Field, depending if he's available on loan or not, he might also consider the likes of Huddlestone, Stewart and Irvine. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

God knows where he thinks Paterson can play cos he doesn’t seem like a RB either like he’s supposed to be originally. 
Not sure what his best role could be. He’s slow for one, wins some headers/flick ons but nothing becomes of them really. This so called long throw hardly beats first man. JVA’s are as long if not longer. Time will tell. 

I'd see Paterson as another holding midfielder. 

Paterson's a player Pulis might like. I think he'll see Paterson as a midfielder, like Warnock did in Paterson's first season there. His best performances for Cardiff came in his first season playing in midfield, where he was their top scorer and player of the season, in helping them get promoted. It's a pity Flint's out injured has he's another player that would suit Pulis and played for him whilst at Middlesbrough. 

24 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Its Harris I think will struggle.

He will be expected to beat a man and get a cross in.

Not mess about trying to create spaces for himself by taking on the same guy 4 times.

Reach will adapt I think.

So will Odubajo but as a right winger.

Tbf Harris needs to kick on and bring more to his game. Hopefully this could be the making of him 

23 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Besic, or a proper left back.

I am  really not up names but know Besic is a defensive midfielder.  I don't think we are desperate for one at this point in time (although, we could do with the cover).  I think we are desperate for a proper left back but even more desperate for a centre-forward - so I  hope he will sign someone that can play with his back to goal and be a target man (Gestede?) first then quickly followed by a proper left back.  

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
3 hours ago, GlasgOwl said:

Hates The Crown, takes the half crown.

Will end up at celtic, nothing surer.

Talking of which, they can't sustain their £60 million wage bill per annum, consecutive CL qualification failures last 3 years or so not helping and have just paid their CEO £3.5 million in the last year, figures just out prior to AGM. Also have hundred plus victims seeking CSA damages, going into court soon here. Much needed balancing of books and player offloading there a cert.

There are players there at parkhead, Ibrox (couple fringe players, and while I'm not suggesting he leave Ibrox, Jermain Defoe is a fringe player, see the quality there?) and elsewhere in the SPFL of Championship standard certainly, (Lyndon Dykes from lowly Livingston at QPR/Scotland now) though I don't know how good TP's connections are up here.

Favourable deals could easily be done up here, loan or permanent.

If you leave Rangers or celtic and have the chance to sign for The Wednesday, you' joining one of England's big 12 Clubs.

Don't under estimate the allure held of playing at Hillsborough and donning that famous kit.

Means much to many outwith Sheffield and surrounding areas, England and beyond.

Fine quality players will sign for us in January without hesitation if we are on an upward curve.

Certain of that, wherever they are playing just now.

Not sure any Rangers players would be great targets right now. Tavernier/Barisic would certainly be great full backs for us in positions we’re really weak, but In current form and the way Gerard has added value to the squad there are no bargains to be had from Ibrox. Celtic are a different matter though. Lennon is killing that side (great to see!), and I’m sure some underperforming players could be signed on the cheap. Looks like they will be stuck on the 8.8 titles in a row!!

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
25 minutes ago, GlasgOwl said:

There is a Northern Ireland winger at Ibrox called Jordan Jones who is out of favour. Mostly a left winger but on the right here. Disciplinary issue with Gerrard after getting back in the squad again.

Doesn't start much and doubtful he will again but delivered this earlier in the season, worth taking on loan or not what's needed?

giphy - 2020-11-18T082858.286.gif

Good call actually!

1 hour ago, Tea Baggins said:

Its Harris I think will struggle.

He will be expected to beat a man and get a cross in.

Not mess about trying to create spaces for himself by taking on the same guy 4 times.

Reach will adapt I think.

So will Odubajo but as a right winger.

Yes Harris has a very poor final ball. Think we need so sign a replacement in January 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, GlasgOwl said:

There is a Northern Ireland winger at Ibrox called Jordan Jones who is out of favour. Mostly a left winger but on the right here. Disciplinary issue with Gerrard after getting back in the squad again.

Doesn't start much and doubtful he will again but delivered this earlier in the season, worth taking on loan or not what's needed?

giphy - 2020-11-18T082858.286.gif

believe we where linked with him in the summer. 

10 hours ago, A12owl said:

Available immediately. 

signing for Melbourne in the A League

Pulis signed Sam McQueen for Boro on loan from Southampton. He got a bad knee injury but is now back in training. Played a few games in premier league at left back. Doesn't quite fit the remit of playing a centre half at full back but it could be someone he revisits now he's fit again