Soft tissue injuries

Interesting comments fromTP that these are unnecessary and avoidable. So why do we get some many? Who was he pointing the finger at, and what can be done to avoid it?

Im not a doctor or a physio so genuinely curious as to what he was saying.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Interesting comments fromTP that these are unnecessary and avoidable. So why do we get some many? Who was he pointing the finger at, and what can be done to avoid it?

Wondered exactly the same thing, does it mean wrapping them up in cotton wool between games?

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

Can only be two things. Players that are crocks who shouldn't have been signed (Izzy Brown) or the sports science team is not preparing them properly. 

He also said that we maybe have to look after the players better in the current period of several matches in a condensed period of time. Perhaps he's hinting that we could be asking them to do too much in terms of fitness training.

• Thanks 1

I have never even heard of another club with constant rolling injury cris like we have. 
This season is a nightmare anyway for players but we have had the problems for so long now I expect I injuries and every time I see someone leave the pitch with a ‘niggle’ I am expecting month long layoffs. 
Luongo is the latest one. He was virtually never injured before. Comes here and the bloke is hardly ever on the pitch! A knock on the knee takes a month to heal!

My view is the curse is probably real. My dad has a story that at some point in the past some club or other had a witch doctor come to the ground to lift a curse put on by a gypsy. I assumed it was B/S but maybe it’s time to get an exorcism booked in? (Got to be more effective than Barry Fry slashing on the pitch?!). 

I always blamed the Sheffield hills. If you not used to them they can be a killer!

• Like 1

Wonder if it could be the pitches at the training ground? We’ve had different managers. Different training methods, different coaches , different methods and finally different players? The only one constant is the pitches? Just a thought 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Can only be two things. Players that are crocks who shouldn't have been signed (Izzy Brown) or the sports science team is not preparing them properly. 

Always wondered how Saunders' Aston Villa won the League with just 14 players in 1980/81 season.  Game was tougher then, arguably.  Seems we have much to learn....

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Plonk said:

Our players are crocks sums it up 

8 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Always wondered how Saunders' Aston Villa won the League with just 14 players in 1980/81 season.  Game was tougher then, arguably.  Seems we have much to learn....

It's because they had no option but to play them so would use to get playing with minor injuries etc.