Ex Wednesday players thread - how are they getting on

On 17/11/2020 at 17:02, Imre Varadi said:

Arron Jameson is at Buxton..according to Wikipedia.

More details / info required

On 17/11/2020 at 18:57, Kopparberg said:

Richard Wood still playing at the same level as us - after about 10 or so years. 

Cracking player. 

On 17/11/2020 at 21:10, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Mark Beevers now at Peterborough, Rhys McCabe at Queen of the South. 

Not sure who i thought was going to be better, Wood or Beevers. McCabe is an interesting one, would like to hear more how his career went.

On 18/11/2020 at 09:17, markg said:

Adam Davies doing pretty well at Stoke City. Very good goalkeeper 

Sorry, genuinely don't remember him. Would love to know what Chris Stringer is up to. 

On 20/11/2020 at 15:55, NorfolkNChance said:

Gary Hooper played 90 mins today for Kerala Blasters in the Indian Super League.

5/10 interest 🤣

On 21/11/2020 at 13:17, TodwickOwl said:

Lucas Joao scores another today...

Definitely, definitely what this thread isn't for 

On 21/11/2020 at 19:54, FlyingOwl said:

Lee Grant at Man Utd

Scott Carson at Man City

This too. Eff off the pair of you.

7 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

More details / info required

Cracking player. 

Not sure who i thought was going to be better, Wood or Beevers. McCabe is an interesting one, would like to hear more how his career went.

Sorry, genuinely don't remember him. Would love to know what Chris Stringer is up to. 

5/10 interest 🤣

Definitely, definitely what this thread isn't for 

This too. Eff off the pair of you.

According to wikipedia McCabe played in Ireland for Sligo Rovers and St. Patrick's Athletic then in the Scottish lower leagues with Brechin City before signing for Queen of the South in the summer. 

We had Adam Davies on the books a few years ago when Dave Jones was manager I think. Not sure if he ever made a first team appearance but has since done well with Barnsley and Stoke. Also a Wales international now.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

A quick catch up with the thread! This is what it's about! I used to like O'Donnell. Genuinely don't think he was far off our current 2 youths.

Really struggling to remember him, more details needed!

1st team appearances? Good luck to him.

This is not what I was looking for. 

(Would be quite interested in how he's getting on)

Vadaine Oliver tall striker who came through our academy. We released him in 2012. If i recall I think he made 1 appearance for us in the Cup. I couldn’t tell you who it was against.

Left us for Lincoln and has managed to have a decent career in the lower leagues, notching a few goals too. He’s been at Crewe, Mansfield, York, Notts County, Morecambe, Northampton and now Gillingham.

• Love 1

Chris Stringer is always one I'd like to know about. Came in as a cracking young keeper, lived the dream for a short period, gave a ridiculously enthusiastic and slightly barmy post match tv interview that will always stick with me, and had his career tragically cut short. Hope it's all turned out alright for him. 

3 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

Chris Stringer is always one I'd like to know about. Came in as a cracking young keeper, lived the dream for a short period, gave a ridiculously enthusiastic and slightly barmy post match tv interview that will always stick with me, and had his career tragically cut short. Hope it's all turned out alright for him. 

Only made 12 appearances for us too. Seemed to have been with us for a few years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Only made 12 appearances for us too. Seemed to have been with us for a few years. 

Pretty sure he came through the youth system, and it's a pretty heart breaking end. Interesting as it is for the players who didn't quite make it with us, and went on to have decent lower league careers and all the stories that leads to, I'd quite like to know that things turned out alright for him.

On 23/11/2020 at 21:10, Hotten Owl said:

Saw him once in the cross keys in rotherham one saturday night.....not seen him since that was about 2003.