WELCOME BACK KEIREN WESTWOOD!!

22 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Don't doubt it

My point being,  despite what Dom Howson says,  we couldn't possibly have registered the full quota 

Are the EFL flexible when it comes to late additions?

Well free agents can sign up outside of any transfer window so ...   What's the problem?   

11 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Tbh I always thought the transfer window was just for transferring player registrations between clubs which you need to play them. You can sign players outside the window but they can’t play until the window.

He’s already registered as our player so I’d have thought it was straight forward. Us holding his registration and him being on the squad list are two different things though I think 

As we have space left in our registered squad then I don't see the issue adding him if that's what you can do.

Reading the rules it seems you can with their permission. But I would have said that that was more there to cover the whole range of the rule. not so much this particular bit.  Like if we been looking to swap a player as we had already registered the maximum allowed or them deciding whether or not you qualify to by allowed to register an emergency keeper had all yours been injured. Then I would class them as exceptional circumstances that they might say no to. I expect this to be a formality. for example if we sign a free transfer tomorrow he would be allowed to be registered so I don't see the difference if it is in there rules.

52 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

It's baffling

I hadn't come across this EFL cap on player registrations before,  so checked it out

Apparently it was introduced in August to "help ease financial pressure on clubs"

Also, this cap doesn't apply in cup competitions or to under-21s

So then I see this from a Dom Howson article published today ...

The 36-year-old doesn't currently have a squad number and wasn't registered in the Owl's squad when it was submitted to the EFL meaning he is ineligible to play, however the Owls are making a case to add Westwood, which would mean one of the current 25-man squad dropping out.

Please let it be odd job 

It's an amusing one (in a way) that the EFL are once again in a right predicament

We ask to register Westwood and straight away the whole situation becomes complex

If they say YES is that because they want to appear fair after the hearing and outcome?

If they say YES will other clubs have an issue with it and complain?

If they say NO to us registering Westwood it could look like an unfair revenge move which I'm sure we could legally challenge

What a mess

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's an amusing one (in a way) that the EFL are once again in a right predicament

We ask to register Westwood and straight away the whole situation becomes complex

If they say YES is that because they want to appear fair after the hearing and outcome?

If they say YES will other clubs have an issue with it and complain?

If they say NO to us registering Westwood it could look like an unfair revenge move which I'm sure we could legally challenge

What a mess

lol

As they have the rule there they will struggle to say no to it otherwise it would have to be a no to all that want to do the same in the future.

Guest LondonOwl313
10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

As we have space left in our registered squad then I don't see the issue adding him if that's what you can do.

Reading the rules it seems you can with their permission. But I would have said that that was more there to cover the whole range of the rule. not so much this particular bit.  Like if we been looking to swap a player as we had already registered the maximum allowed or them deciding whether or not you qualify to by allowed to register an emergency keeper had all yours been injured. Then I would class them as exceptional circumstances that they might say no to. I expect this to be a formality. for example if we sign a free transfer tomorrow he would be allowed to be registered so I don't see the difference if it is in there rules.

That’s what I’m unsure of.. would we be allowed to play a free transfer if they signed tomorrow. I know you used to be able to. But when was the last time you heard of a player coming in between transfer windows.. I don’t remember any recently. And there would be quite a few unattached players going especially in the lower leagues

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That’s what I’m unsure of.. would we be allowed to play a free transfer if they signed tomorrow. I know you used to be able to. But when was the last time you heard of a player coming in between transfer windows.. I don’t remember any recently. And there would be quite a few unattached players going especially in the lower leagues

Boro signed a Watmore today on deal till Jan.

Guest Hornsby
16 hours ago, SalisburyOwl said:

I really don't get this love in for KW.  He was a great keeper for us 3 or 4 years ago.  He was rightly dropped when he last played because he was awful.  He then threw his teddies out the cot and refused to sit on the bench.  Then something went on, and not one single soul on here knows what that was, and was dropped completely from the squad.

We've got one of the best defensive records in the division and have rightly made a change to the starting keeper position.  Wildsmith has done nothing wrong and it is his jersey to lose and KW or Dawson need to earn it back not have it handed to them because of past glories.

Our problem is the other end of the pitch.

Our problems are all over but we don't have dosh to deal with them.

The 2 current keepers  are crap - one throws ball to attackers - so Westy is a win, win for Wednesday.

Plus you may even sell him in Jan , get 30 k per week off books and have cash for a good replacement.

Guest Therealrealist
15 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

I think TP will soon realise we need a new keeper as none are good enough.

There wont be another keeper coming in..not feasable to have 4 keepers on big contracts..not goin to happen