Bazza/Patterson comments

Found it positive that Pulis was full of praise for Bannan. Hopefully he won't have to sit too deep in midfield, but it sounds like he certainly rates him so I can't see him being dropped. More importantly who plays the holding/tackler role alongside him- surely that needs addressing in Jan as we only have Pessy who we are sick of watching make mistakes and have no impact. I can't imagine Pulis will be happy with him as the regular for long, huge priority for a strong tackler who can also pass in Jan- Pulis would've loved Hutch that's for sure. 

Interesting comments on Patterson, briefly saying he's not sure he is best in the strikers role or words to that effect. I expected him to be our target man now, but doesn't seem that way- that's obviously his opinion as an outsider but maybe he will change his view. Not sure how Patterson will be deployed now. Didn't expect him to pick Rhodes alongside Windass, but it's looking that way now?

• Like 4

I think when Pulis realises that he has nobody else to fire the ball to and make it stick then Paterson will play up top - at least until January.

I can see Bannan starting out on the left,

at least until a unit can be brought in to play alongside him. We currently don’t have anyone sting enough to play the role allowing Bannan to play CM too. 

I personally could see a midfield four of Harris, Luongo, Irvine and Bannan being successful under Pulis. Irvine is still a free agent too and we are light in this position.

• Like 1

Just now, swfc-dan said:

Found it positive that Pulis was full of praise for Bannan. Hopefully he won't have to sit too deep in midfield, but it sounds like he certainly rates him so I can't see him being dropped. More importantly who plays the holding/tackler role alongside him- surely that needs addressing in Jan as we only have Pessy who we are sick of watching make mistakes and have no impact. I can't imagine Pulis will be happy with him as the regular for long, huge priority for a strong tackler who can also pass in Jan- Pulis would've loved Hutch that's for sure. 

Interesting comments on Patterson, briefly saying he's not sure he is best in the strikers role or words to that effect. I expected him to be our target man now, but doesn't seem that way- that's obviously his opinion as an outsider but maybe he will change his view. Not sure how Patterson will be deployed now. Didn't expect him to pick Rhodes alongside Windass, but it's looking that way now?

youve made more  mistakes in that post than joey has since he came back into the side ......

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Didn't expect him to pick Rhodes's alongside Windass?

Well hopefully given that we now have a manager who understands football might pick those two alongside eachother given that they are our most effective pairing upfront. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Much better class of Fans in the old Zing Vaa on Ecclesall Rd

Decent restaurant. I'm not buying the classic, often repeated soundbites. From Dino Tony. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

As long as bazza can boot the ball 50 yards in the air and run about a bit, that'll do dinosuar Tony. 

No need to watch with that opinion is they 

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

I think when Pulis realises that he has nobody else to fire the ball to and make it stick then Paterson will play up top - at least until January.

I can see Bannan starting out on the left,

at least until a unit can be brought in to play alongside him. We currently don’t have anyone sting enough to play the role allowing Bannan to play CM too. 

I personally could see a midfield four of Harris, Luongo, Irvine and Bannan being successful under Pulis. Irvine is still a free agent too and we are light in this position.

Funny how opinions can differ so much.

I think we under-estimate and over-simplify Pulis.

First, he recognises quality. Bannan has it by the bucketload; Paterson is a whole-hearted trier, but has little quality. I’m certain Bannan will play in his best role, as central playmaker. Yes I’ve no doubt we’ll see long balls, but Pulis will mix it up so we aren’t one dimensional. Why wouldnt he when he has Bannan?

I think he’ll see quality and workrate in Harris and Reach. I think they are nailed on, though I think he’ll also be happy for Moses to give them some minutes off.

I’d be gobsmacked if we don’t see a Rhodes-Windass front two. They partnered well in our first two games and it was the only pairing that looked to have goals. Rhodes had more quality than the others combined, but he’s lost it. I expect Pulis will help him find it.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

It’s great to hear a manager talk straight and have something interesting to say. It’s obvious that Pulis is intelligent and media savvy. A great improvement on Monk who just regurgitated the same tripe multiple times during each interview. 

Whilst he isn’t the best midfielder in the club by any means, you do Pelupessy a disservice as he has been excellent these last few games (also, what’s all this “we” about?). 

It’s also great to hear that Pulis has recognised that Paterson isn’t a centre-forward. Heaven knows what Monk saw Paterson as but anyone with eyes in their head can see Paterson is a forward in the loosest sense of the word, never mind a target man. What Paterson does have though is a willingness to work hard and run which may afford him some time in the side - god knows where he’ll play though. 

We desperately lack a target man. It’ll be interesting to see how Pulis handles that problem.