Most interesting Comment from Interview ....

Just now, Daryl Catpiss said:

I've never seen anyone use that abbreviation,  iirc yes, but not iihc.

Not surprising that its thrown people.

I used common sense and deductive reasoning to figure it out 😉 AFAIK I'd never seen it before either 🙂

• Like 1

The interview with Tony was very good. He came across well and made me realise that one mans ‘Dinosaur’ is another mans ‘Experienced campaigner’. 

I was very sceptical before his appointment. The business with the money/ court cases with other clubs was actually my biggest concern. A rich man lying to get more money never sits well with me. 

But, my opinion is starting to be turned, he seems like a decent man who says what he thinks, but interestingly says it well in a way that doesn’t offend. 

Just as an aside no one seems to have picked up in his reason he gave for leaving Middlesbrough. His family live on the south coast and he said after 18 months he’d had enough. Now Sheffield is a) 1.5 hrs closer and b) a lot nicer than Middlesbrough. But, I commute mid week to Sheffield (well, did before lockdown) and i live half the distance away that Poole is and it can be gruelling. I have family in Sheffield which makes a big difference but Pulis doesn’t. Even a nice hotel or even a rental isn’t a substitute for you own home. We will see how this plays out sooner rather than later I think. 

So- on to Saturday where the talking will be on the pitch!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

The interview with Tony was very good. He came across well and made me realise that one mans ‘Dinosaur’ is another mans ‘Experienced campaigner’. 

I was very sceptical before his appointment. The business with the money/ court cases with other clubs was actually my biggest concern. A rich man lying to get more money never sits well with me. 

But, my opinion is starting to be turned, he seems like a decent man who says what he thinks, but interestingly says it well in a way that doesn’t offend. 

Just as an aside no one seems to have picked up in his reason he gave for leaving Middlesbrough. His family live on the south coast and he said after 18 months he’d had enough. Now Sheffield is a) 1.5 hrs closer and b) a lot nicer than Middlesbrough. But, I commute mid week to Sheffield (well, did before lockdown) and i live half the distance away that Poole is and it can be gruelling. I have family in Sheffield which makes a big difference but Pulis doesn’t. Even a nice hotel or even a rental isn’t a substitute for you own home. We will see how this plays out sooner rather than later I think. 

So- on to Saturday where the talking will be on the pitch!

He was fine at Stoke for years and Sheffield isnt really that much further when you think about it, in proportion to Middlesbrough.

Regarding the comment that Pulis wants to achieve a much closer relationship with Chansiri can mean anything. In reality, both men know little of each other in a close, personal way, and I take it to read that DC has appointed TP manager, and I don't doubt for one second that the phrase 'My door is always open' has been used millions of times through industry.  What I presume TP meant was that he intends to become DC's right hand man iin all football affairs . It is never necessary for Chairman and Manager to be close, bu ******** is helpful if this is so.

2 hours ago, Anthndav said:

He was fine at Stoke for years and Sheffield isnt really that much further when you think about it, in proportion to Middlesbrough.

Agreed he was at Stoke for a lot of years but it was 7 years ago and he has grandchildren now which does change things. 
I think the key factor will be how well the job is going. 
It’s one thing to leave for the week to go to a job you love and another where your going to a job you hate. 
Time will tell.