Most interesting Comment from Interview ....

9 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

More interesting when he said that he think Patterson may be utilised in a different position to CF and Kachunga is more a winger. 

Who's Patterson? 

Kachunga is a better right of a front three then as a proper forward 

40 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, that part of the interview piqued my interest, too:

'My biggest challenge is to convince the chairman that we can be friends and we can trust each other. That's what I think the chairman needs as much as anything else. He needs someone with him that he trusts and will back.'

It does raise questions as to what Pulis has seen from Chansiri thus far for him to feel that way, doesn't it?

think its more DG trusting him after what Bruce did

With Pulis's previous court case(s) indicating only a passing aquaintance with the truth I'd be a little bit wary of giving him the PIN for the clubs bank card.

I'm hoping he will turn out to have put all that behind him but he needs to EARN DC's trust. It shouldn't be given lightly.

As far a the managers job is concerned he passed the first test, he gave a good account of himself at the press conference now he needs to earn the fans trust by knocking the playing side into shape.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

I’m still trying to remember playing Bournemouth in the 80’s 🤔

November 10th, 1987, Hillsboro, Full Members Cup Round 1:

Wednesday: Hodge, Fee, Jacobs, Pearson, Madden, Proctor, Chamberlain (Hazel), Megson, Bradshaw (Chapman), West, Galvin

Bournemouth: Peyton, Coleman, Morrell, Pulis, Williams, Whitlock (Randall), O'Driscoll, Puckett, Goulet, Howlett, Cooke (Aylott)

2-0 to Wednesday, goals by Galvin (63) and Colin West (89) in front of a bumper crowd of 3,756.

• Thanks 1

Said a few interesting things did Pulis. The relationship he wanted to build with Chansiri was something he spoke about over and over. 

Good thing with a Pulis type is there is no one more experienced at that football club than himself. He will need to manage upwards just as much as downwards. 

One thing I really liked about Pulis is how much he clearly wants to sink his teeth into the job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, that part of the interview piqued my interest, too:

'My biggest challenge is to convince the chairman that we can be friends and we can trust each other. That's what I think the chairman needs as much as anything else. He needs someone with him that he trusts and will back.'

It does raise questions as to what Pulis has seen from Chansiri thus far for him to feel that way, doesn't it?

I wonder if Pulis was good friends with the Palace Chairman and built up trust between them before he left under a cloud shall we say.

Let's be fair, in his time he has been  there, done it and bought the t shirt.

Like us, he knows there has been a huge sum of money pumped in with no return and now we have a manager in place who will ask those question, tell the chairman how it is and try and get him to back a different horse for the good of the club.

Good and exciting times lay ahead.

Edited by Blue and white

I got the impression that Pulis 

a) Wanted a good relationship with the chairman where he would be allowed to help him, but also be left to sort out the squad / on the pitch stuff 

and 

b) That he cleaned up Monks mess at Boro and knows how to do the same here. 

I am also totally guessing that some managers have told a few DC in the past that: there’s so many problems for managers that it effects their work/results/performances and that Pulis feels that those managers were exaggerating to keep the criticism away from them. 

• Thanks 1

That Full Members Cup game was the only time Pulis played against Wednesday as a player.

As a manager his record across 11 matches is won 2, drawn 5, lost 4:

Dec '99 - SWFC 1 (Booth) vs Bristol City 0

Dec '02 - Stoke 3 (Iwelumo 2, Gunnarsson) vs SWFC 2 (Sibon, Proudlock)

Oct '05 - Plymouth 1 (Wotton (pen)) vs SWFC 1 (Buzsaky o.g.)

Nov '05 - SWFC 0 vs Plymouth 0

Sep '06 - SWFC 1 (Brunt (pen)) vs Stoke 1 (Paterson)

Dec '06 - Stoke 1 (Sidibe) vs SWFC 2 (MacLean, Burton)

Oct '07 - Stoke 2 (Fuller 2) vs SWFC 4 (J. Johnson, Tudgay 2, Burton)

Mar '08 - SWFC 1 (Songo'o) vs Stoke 1 (Cresswell)

Jan '18 - Middlesbrough 0 vs SWFC 0

Oct '18 - SWFC 1 (Reach) vs Middlesbrough 2 (Besic, Assombalonga)

Dec '18 - Middlesbrough 0 vs SWFC 1 (Reach)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

Sounds like he has a manager and advisor all In one. Nearest thing to that before was Bruce but we didn’t have long enough to see how that panned out.

What's the betting we just start to fully accept him and he heads off to take over from Giggs in Wales?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

More interesting when he said that he think Patterson may be utilised in a different position to CF and Kachunga is more a winger. 

Yeah I thought that

He didn’t say it but I bet he’s a bit fed up of sorting Monk’s mess out

He inherited and expensively assembled shambles at Boro and had to balance the books whilst trying to mount a promotion push

Now he walks into a lopsided squad at Wednesday with next to no strike force and has to try and get us out of a relegation battle 

2 hours ago, John Howard said:

When TC  said he wanted to be a true friend to DC .

This implies that he feels DC has been stitched up by previous advisers s/managers . Kept mentioning ...little  return for amount of money spent .

Feeling much more confident after Interview that we are on the right course !!

He’s just after free dinners...

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

That Full Members Cup game was the only time Pulis played against Wednesday as a player.

As a manager his record across 11 matches is won 2, drawn 5, lost 4:

Dec '99 - SWFC 1 (Booth) vs Bristol City 0

Dec '02 - Stoke 3 (Iwelumo 2, Gunnarsson) vs SWFC 2 (Sibon, Proudlock)

Oct '05 - Plymouth 1 (Wotton (pen)) vs SWFC 1 (Buzsaky o.g.)

Nov '05 - SWFC 0 vs Plymouth 0

Sep '06 - SWFC 1 (Brunt (pen)) vs Stoke 1 (Paterson)

Dec '06 - Stoke 1 (Sidibe) vs SWFC 2 (MacLean, Burton)

Oct '07 - Stoke 2 (Fuller 2) vs SWFC 4 (J. Johnson, Tudgay 2, Burton)

Mar '08 - SWFC 1 (Songo'o) vs Stoke 1 (Cresswell)

Jan '18 - Middlesbrough 0 vs SWFC 0

Oct '18 - SWFC 1 (Reach) vs Middlesbrough 2 (Besic, Assombalonga)

Dec '18 - Middlesbrough 0 vs SWFC 1 (Reach)

Adam Reach has put a good word in for himself with Pulis

2 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Even more interesting when you consider DC is now onto his 5th manager but yet keeps the same ‘close advisors’.

😆

And doesn't have any return on his investment, not to mention the decline.of the club over the past few seasons.

DC needs to find a new horse to  ack and has to be Pulis.

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I wonder if Pulis was good friends with the Palace Chairman and built up trust between them before he left under a cloud shall we say.

If that's entering Chansiri's thinking, then you have to wonder why he'd go with Pulis.

You don't want such an important relationship built on shaky foundations.