Straight in intensity

2 minutes ago, G-Reg said:

Lots of knee jerk reactions and presumptions being made about Pulis. I think he'll turn us around. Keep us up this season, have a crack at playoffs next season. Can't believe we have got someone of his calibre in, given our situation. WAWAW

Assumptions, not presumptions.

• Thanks 1

Gotta give him a chance. He might not be everyone's cup of tea, he wasn't one of my preferred choices and I didn't like his style of football at Stoke but he'll give it a go. He sounds like he's willing to adapt, will play the way that suits the players we've got but he'll expect hardwork and players to run through brick walls for him. Hopefully he proves his doubters and myself included wrong and stabilises the club and gets us eventually back in the right direction. Good luck to him; if he pulls it off, wins the fans over and becomes the man to eventually get us back up, he'll become a modern hero or legend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pulis on fighting with 'filmstar' players -:

There was a time and place for that, but that was years ago. We’ve moved on. There are times when I still lose my temper and go after one or two players but it would never come to that. You could not do it now, but I cannot say I have never lost my temper and I generally go for the senior players, never the young players. When I have lost it, I have lost it.

• Love 1

Well, that was a different interview. Seems like we've appointed someone who believes in calling a spade a spade, and not 'an implement for delving into mother earth'

He said several things which most Owls fans have been complaining about for a good while.

1. The squad is unbalanced.

2. Westwood should be brought ot from the cold

3. Players are underperforming

4. Our injury list is a concern

5. He wants the players to give 100%.

We cannot grumble about any of thee statements. We have been saying them for weeks

It may be that, during the usual post match interviews, instead of the usual tripe about  played well, were unfortunate, etc.etc. we may have someone who says we lost because we played badly.

A breath of fresh air, maybe.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

it was good to see that the 'everybody has a clean slate' cliché looks like it has truth in it with Westwood called in to train. 

13 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

let's be honest, once you've made a few bob out of the game it's easy to bounce around a bit doing the minimum and taking a wage.

aye I bet Westy’s gutted tbh

lol

• Haha 1

I`ve had my say on his appointment , i didn`t agree with it , i hate watching his teams play  , and , for a club that is in so much of a financial mess that we have been docked points , his...er...off field history is more than a little alarming.

HOWEVER........................i will stop moaning (for now 😉) as the fact remains he IS our manager so must be given a chance to prove half of us wrong.

From here on in he will be judged on results / performances / selections etc like all other managers..........................here`s hoping he does better than Luhukay and Monk..............which in all honesty shouldnt be too difficult.

COYBAWW !!!!

Listened to the press conference last night.

I think he is here to do a specific job. Stop the rot, clean up the ship and put in structures that will last.

IMO he is here until the end of next season and the new manager will join long before he leaves as full time manager.

He may have some other less time consuming role after that.

Other thing i picked up. All local journalists are Plonkers and dont have a clue.

• Like 2

Think we all expect a good few transfer windows to get us back being serious contenders 

last few transfer windows our quality has been stripped from this squad 

what pulis needs to do is make us solid get a tune out of this current crop get us moving up the table and hopefully add a couple I’m January abs have more of a stamp in the summer then repeat the process next year 

mid table this year 

push next year 

promotion year 3 or his second full season 

keep progressing and I’ll be happy 

we’ve been going backwards we now need to start going forwards again 

• Like 2
  • Love 1