"Massive".... "Sleeping giant"

Guest Grandad

As it stands, Blades are a more high profile and in some ways, better run club. Unfortunate but true. 

However we do have the potential to be bigger. If we're were in the PL with them, I expect we'd be bigger commercially. 

Just have to get there first, no mean feat and 2 to 3 years off (at least).

UTO

• Thanks 1

We aren't massive.   We have the potential to be, that's all.  

Crystal Palace, Birmingham City and Salford City could be massive.... they have three times the population within 5 miles that we do.  

Pulis is saying the right things though.  Let's see if his actions match his words. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DeBilde'sTea said:

As it stands, Blades are a more high profile and in some ways, better run club. Unfortunate but true. 

However we do have the potential to be bigger. If we're were in the PL with them, I expect we'd be bigger commercially. 

Just have to get there first, no mean feat and 2 to 3 years off (at least).

UTO

God I'd hope we would be. Got a mate who is the Commercial Director at the stain, so I'd never hear the last of it otherwise. 

6 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

We aren't massive.   We have the potential to be, that's all.  

Crystal Palace, Birmingham City and Salford City could be massive.... they have three times the population within 5 miles that we do.  

Pulis is saying the right things though.  Let's see if his actions match his words. 

yea...and hardly any other football attractions?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, james o connor said:

League table and a point or two means nowt . The infrastructure is there for those two clubs to be great , it’s not with us 

Interested to know how you know their infrastructure is better than ours. 

As someone who lives 100 miles away from Sheffield I can say looking in from the outside both Sheffield and Sheffield Wednesday are not as big as you think when you live there. 
This is not to say Sheffield isn’t the centre of the known universe (it very much is). But is Sheffield Wednesday a ‘sleeping giant’? Not really. 
Anyway. The whole size debate is nonsense. 
I couldn’t give a toot if we are bigger or not than any other club. 
If we just focus on our unique character and strengths and forget all of the silly ‘well we are bigger than Blades but not as big as Leeds but Birmingham could be bigger because it’s a bigger city blah blah blah’ then we will all be happier for it. We are a good club and could be great. 
Size isn’t everything!

• Like 1