TONY PULIS - PRESS CONFERENCE THREAD

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

That’s exactly what it is, other pitches are set up to reflect pitch dimensions for future away games.  I don’t know why that seems so far fetched to you.

Because the markings you talk about are always exactly the same. 
Now if you simply said they train on pitches of different sizes all would be clear.

10 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I’m still selling the Eiffel Tower if you’re interested. 

I can’t lose. If he fails and/or bores us all to death I’m right and it’s just like most of the last two decades. If I’m wrong - happy days. Wednesday will be Cruyff’s Ajax reborn and who wouldn’t swap that for being right. 

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

Have watched most of what was an impressive press conference. TP looked relaxed and spoke off the cuff whilst also knowing which generic stuff he had to say. I liked the way he stressed the importance of his relationship with the Chairman and also that he said he would be living as close to the training ground as possible. Don’t forget,  this guy's family live in Poole down in Dorset so it’s a big thing at 62 to uproot yourself and live a single life most of the week. 

I was disappointed when he was named manager, but actually I think he’s going to get this club organised and as he says, winning football matches. He clearly thinks the squad lacks balance so he’s got to juggle with things until the transfer window unless he can bring in any free agents. Interesting to hear who his number 2 will be. 

Really looking forward to Saturday and feeling confident that the team will at least put a decent shift in and play with spirit under TP. WAWAW

Spot on!👍👍WAWAW..........

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I can’t lose. If he fails and/or bores us all to death I’m right and it’s just like most of the last two decades. If I’m wrong - happy days. Wednesday will be Cruyff’s Ajax reborn and who wouldn’t swap that for being right. 

So you are now conceding that he could be successful. Thats quite a volte face from the other day when Tone was in your words was both reviled and a Dinosaur. I'm sensing a bit of flip floppery.

• Love 1

Just now, hasthagotanycheese said:

So you are now conceding that he could be successful. Thats quite a volte face from the other day when Tone was in your words was both reviled and a Dinosaur. I'm sensing a bit of flip floppery.

No I’ve never assumed he couldn’t be successful. I genuinely hope he is. Hindsight is the only true judge. Same with every single football manager since forever. 

I didn’t want him. I don’t want him because of how his teams have played football - especially Middlesbrough who struggled to outscore us. I’m not bothered about well schooled PR in the type of presser I’ve seen hundreds of times before in football and other arenas. 

I’m bothered about whether it’s going be worth spending shedoads of time and money watching his version of Wednesday. Luckily I’ll have a trial period. Unluckily I’ve already shelled out for next season. And no Monk’s team weren’t worth it. 

I don’t think he’s guaranteed to succeed but he might. Just like Cook, Pulis, Bielsa and good old Harry Catterick might. Westwood is a good first step though. 

It seemed a highly polish press conference, full of sound bites and platitudes. I don't get bought that easily. I'm yet to listen to it, but I'm just about to.

I am underwhelmed by his appointment, but only time will tell whether or not it was the right one at the right time. It couldn't have been any worse than keeping Monk on however.

44 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

No I’ve never assumed he couldn’t be successful. I genuinely hope he is. Hindsight is the only true judge. Same with every single football manager since forever. 

I didn’t want him. I don’t want him because of how his teams have played football - especially Middlesbrough who struggled to outscore us. I’m not bothered about well schooled PR in the type of presser I’ve seen hundreds of times before in football and other arenas. 

I’m bothered about whether it’s going be worth spending shedoads of time and money watching his version of Wednesday. Luckily I’ll have a trial period. Unluckily I’ve already shelled out for next season. And no Monk’s team weren’t worth it. 

I don’t think he’s guaranteed to succeed but he might. Just like Cook, Pulis, Bielsa and good old Harry Catterick might. Westwood is a good first step though. 

So you are warming to him then.

Im going to have to nominate another Grand Poobah of TPOB

Just now, hasthagotanycheese said:

Thats a definate shift in position to last Friday.

By this time next week, you will be ready to have Tone's babies.

Medical impossibility. No shift. Hate how he’s played football in the past. Can’t see him changing but if he does, he does and I’ll be delighted.

I thought Carlos was going to be a disaster and he nearly pulled it off. I thought sacking Megson was a potential catastrophe. Happy to admit I was wrong.

I was slightly sceptical about Chansiri and very sceptical about him when he hiked  the prices. Sad to see I was right. Likewise unhappy my fears about Jos and Monk were justified.

I am not looking forward to Pulisball. Thankfully in the short term at least I can escape it easily. The press conference is PR guff and neither here nor there. 

But I will be happy if overall I’m proven wrong just like I’m content with the return of Westwood. I hope though he’s already told Paterson he’s not a forward and he didn’t learn it from a presser. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

I think I learned more in a weekend in Glasgow than 5 years at Silverdale Sarge....

:duntmatter:

Passionate bunch the Glaswegians. I would go as far as saying the girls in Glasgow we’re much friendlier than at Silverdale. 
Like you say, you could learn a lot in a short space of time.

Anyway, good luck to Pulls, he’s gonna need it.

• Like 1