TONY PULIS - PRESS CONFERENCE THREAD

Just started listening. I like right away how he's saying he'll be honest with the chairman and not afraid to give him his views. I didn't think he was a yes man coming in and it seems that way which is pleasing.

Fed up of Monk and Jos sucking up to DC. At least Pulis will be more like Bruce in this regard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Good press conference, honest, straight up and seems to understand the city it’s fans and hopefully what we need.

He’ll still only get a six game honeymoon period from plenty though........

He needs to be given time. He will get time from me. He’s got a lot on his plate with this squad and the downward spiral we’ve been on over the last 3 years. 

It’s about time as a fanbase that we acknowledge where we are and come together and support the manager. There is a lot of work to do at this football club. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Just started listening. I like right away how he's saying he'll be honest with the chairman and not afraid to give him his views. I didn't think he was a yes man coming in and it seems that way which is pleasing.

Fed up of Monk and Jos sucking up to DC. At least Pulis will be more like Bruce in this regard.

I also like that he made a point of saying that.

However, he can be honest all day, it won’t make one iota of difference if DC can’t be honest with himself and acknowledge his own flaws and weaknesses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As good as first press conference as I have seen for a long time.

I really do think the time is right for the club to make some progress with him sorting this club out and steering Chansiri into making some informed decisions.

Good luck Tony Pulis.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

As I’ve said before this appointment is very similar to the Bruce one on so many levels.

Experienced manager who has had success relative to his respective remit wherever he’s been. Straight away the players respect him because of what he’s already achieved in the game.

Look at Monk, talks a good game but can’t back it up in terms of achievement. 

A big difference for me just like Bruce did, Westwood’s back involved. Straight away the players see that the best goalkeeper here is back in the frame. That says a lot.

There will still be a lot of moaning on here but providing Newport don’t come in for him anytime soon, I think not only will he keep us up this season, he’ll probably take us up to the premier league and keep us there.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Have watched most of what was an impressive press conference. TP looked relaxed and spoke off the cuff whilst also knowing which generic stuff he had to say. I liked the way he stressed the importance of his relationship with the Chairman and also that he said he would be living as close to the training ground as possible. Don’t forget,  this guy's family live in Poole down in Dorset so it’s a big thing at 62 to uproot yourself and live a single life most of the week. 

I was disappointed when he was named manager, but actually I think he’s going to get this club organised and as he says, winning football matches. He clearly thinks the squad lacks balance so he’s got to juggle with things until the transfer window unless he can bring in any free agents. Interesting to hear who his number 2 will be. 

Really looking forward to Saturday and feeling confident that the team will at least put a decent shift in and play with spirit under TP. WAWAW

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

On Garry Monk: 

I’ve got a job to do at this football club, what he did or what he didn’t do is down to him.

I’m walking straight in and I want to get this team going. You know the story at Boro and we had to sell players. We had to look after the finances.

The chairman there had spent a lot of money on a group of players and it was sad to see the players had been set back again. We wanted to be as successful as we possibly can.

Was it that cuntflaps at Boro that grassed us up Tone?! Strictly between us guvnor....  :biggrin:

Time after time we hear about the injury situation being concerning, every bleedin time a new manager walks in and it's true.

What really is the problem behind this? Will Pulis be able to fix it when so many others have failed? I guess under Bruce the situation improved so there is hope that a proper manager can fix it?

• Like 1