TONY PULIS - PRESS CONFERENCE THREAD

1 hour ago, Pulcinella said:

I'm starting to change my opinion.

Thought he was a boring appointment, but starting to think he's just what we need - a straight-talking guy with an experienced head. Won't let fools run over him. Got lots of knowledge about how to improve a club.

My whelm is much higher than it was on Friday.

You'll probably enjoy this too.

6 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Anyone else think that the pitches at the training ground might be responsible? Seem to constantly get injuries and doesn’t matter who in charge at the time? And all different managers coaches have different ways of doing things? Only thing that remains the same is the training ground???

You might have something there, I don’t know much about the current setup but sounds like some investment in facilities is overdue.  Coincidentally I was talking to a Watford fan today about their training facilities, they have several desso pitches to train on.  One is a replica of Vicarage Road pitch, whilst other pitches are marked out according to forthcoming away games to give a feel for what they will be coming up against.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mystic Neg said:

Sounds like DC has briefed him on the amount of money he's spent but not briefing him on where he's gone wrong.

Hopefully Pulis can gain enough trust with DC to tell him what he is doing wrong. i.e. leave the squad and talking about players and too players to me and you look get the right off-field staff in outside of that.

How the hell do you deduce that?  Tha's just guessing.  Bloody mystics bet you were dancing for joy the other day when James Randi popped his clogs.

Said it in a couple of other threads - I think Pulis will do well with managing the pressure and expectations at the club. He seems rarely fazed and has experience at a higher level, and a big personality. 

Think that will bode him and us well - think it's a huge part of managing this club with the position we are in. 

Also, what an emoji. 

:pulis::pulis::pulis:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis: "No one ever talks about how I've been promoted out of every division, been to a cup final, been the latter stages in Europe. It's all about how I've never been relegated. Come on, be positive!"

Pulis telling the fans straight there - the ones who say 'he's never been  relegated'

lol

So has he been relegated? 

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis: "It's a club with great potential. There's a lot of people I know who are big Sheffield Wednesday supporters - Meggy, his dad, Sam Ellis."

Maybe he knows Jermain Jackson?

10 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

You might have something there, I don’t know much about the current setup but sounds like some investment in facilities is overdue.  Coincidentally I was talking to a Watford fan today about their training facilities, they have several desso pitches to train on.  One is a replica of Vicarage Road pitch, whilst other pitches are marked out according to forthcoming away games to give a feel for what they will be coming up against.

The only difference you could make to the pitch markings would be the dimensions. Sounds a load of tosh to me that. 
I thought our training pitches were all re laid and upgraded a couple of years ago anyway.

• Thanks 1