TONY PULIS - PRESS CONFERENCE THREAD

Guest Grandad

TP: I know all about the club, and the fans, and the social media. And Owlstalk. I was a member on there for years - then got booted off by the site admin. The best poster on there by far was called Grandad. My username was Big Guns.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

TP: I like winners. Players who like to go out there and win, not just to go out there and play football. You need that edge and it's no good talking about it, it just has to be there in the group

THIS

A lot of our players in the past have a habit of hiding when things get tough, not wanting the ball, not running back, neshing,

other undesirable's,

this will stop under Pulis, about time we had a bloke in charge who has a no nonsense attitude.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I have spoken to Steve Clarke on Sunday about the two lads that are away.

They won’t get back until the early hours on Thursday. He was very complimentary about the two of them.

They will both be desperate to play for Wednesday because they have the opportunity to go to the Euros.

I like to find out as much as I can about the characters. Ability wise is important but I like to have characters.

• Love 3

Owlstalk Shop

Pulis wasn't my first choice and some of the stuff trotted out was cliche (size of club, sleeping giant, etc) but a lot of that also happens to be true. 

I suspect many of you lot are like me, all they want is a team which tries and leaves it all out on the field, win lose or draw. At this stage I think I'd be more satisfied being  Barnsley or Rotherham fan in this respect. 

Let's hope we can get some steel back in the squad. I don't give a fizz if its pretty. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

For once I actually believe what a manager says and looking forward to seeing it transfered to the pitch 

Sheffield Wednesday will no longer be a easy 3 points and a set of pansys 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On Garry Monk: 

I’ve got a job to do at this football club, what he did or what he didn’t do is down to him.

I’m walking straight in and I want to get this team going. You know the story at Boro and we had to sell players. We had to look after the finances.

The chairman there had spent a lot of money on a group of players and it was sad to see the players had been set back again. We wanted to be as successful as we possibly can.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

On Garry Monk: 

I’ve got a job to do at this football club, what he did or what he didn’t do is down to him.

I’m walking straight in and I want to get this team going. You know the story at Boro and we had to sell players. We had to look after the finances.

The chairman there had spent a lot of money on a group of players and it was sad to see the players had been set back again. We wanted to be as successful as we possibly can.

Don't think he's a Monk fan

• Like 1