Pulis - Team V Preston

37 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Iorfa was seen on the footage so don’t know where the injury concern has appeared from? 

very surprised if Westwood is allowed to start , I’d expect 

Wildsmith

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Harris

Luongo

Bannan

Reach

Patterson

1 other 

Is Luongo fit? 

Westwood (hopefully)

Moses ,   Lees,    Borner, Palmer

Brown, Bannan, Luongo, Reach

Rhodes, Windass

Looks like Lofra and Van Aken are injured along with Marriot. Harris suspended 

Not going to make any player predictions as I’m always wrong.

But, I am looking forward to match day that’s for sure!

Just to watch a game rather than all this speculation. I can’t wait 😃 

It’s either going to be total meltdown or predictions of imminent promotion...

Bring on some actual football (hoofball?) on a Saturday (I don’t count England friendly matches as proper games). 

Come on ‘The Punisher’!

..............................................Wildsmith...........................................

.Palmer.................Iorfa..........................Lees....................Penney..

............................Luongo......................Bannan...............................

.Paterson.................................Brown................................Reach....

...............................................Windass.............................................

This is my punt. With Westwood on the bench.

Preston are a decent hardworking solid side but slightly inconsistent, Alex Neill seems a decent manager at this level to be fair. 

One of their best players Republic of Ireland international midfielder Alan Browne, should be out after contacting Covid during the international break and having to self isolate for around 10 days.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8945787/Ireland-star-Alan-Browne-tests-positive-coronavirus-hours-playing-against-England.html

Hopefully Pulis will work the squad hard and get some sort of positive response on the weekend. Fingers-crossed Pulis makes a good start to his reign. Although it's a tricky first game to be honest. 

I think Pulis will play 3-4-2-1 away from home. If we've only two fully fit recognisable strikers, then only one will start. I think Windass will lead the line. With two energetic attacking midfielders as support, possibly Bannan pushed further forward, if Luongo and Brown start. Along with Paterson reverted back into a midfield role.

Hopefully Luongo's fit to give us that midfield protection in front of the defence and better balance. If that's how he goes, then I expect us to be solid and soak up pressure, and hopefully getting more players into the box to support the main striker. 

7 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Preston are a decent hardworking solid side but slightly inconsistent, Alex Neill seems a decent manager at this level to be fair. 

One of their best players Republic of Ireland international midfielder Alan Browne, should be out after contacting Covid during the international break and having to self isolate for around 10 days.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8945787/Ireland-star-Alan-Browne-tests-positive-coronavirus-hours-playing-against-England.html

Hopefully Pulis will work the squad hard and get some sort of positive response on the weekend. Fingers-crossed Pulis makes a good start to his reign. Although it's a tricky first game to be honest. 

they haven’t won at home all season and only scored 1 goal at home........I wonder what will happen on Saturday. :duntmatter:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Paterson not in the Scotland squad tonight. Im guessing he’s one of those injured in the last week. 

If it's due to injury that he's not in the squad then I reckon that will be in addition to the two Pulis mentioned (possibly Marriott and Iorfa).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Paterson not in the Scotland squad tonight. Im guessing he’s one of those injured in the last week. 

He didn't play in their last game was an unused sub, if he's injured it must have been in training.

• Like 2

I'm expecting three centre halves and two defensive midfielders sat in front of them. If we are right about the injuries I expect 

Lees  Borner  Van Aken 

Luongo  Pessy 

To be the spine of the team.