Westwood back training with the first team

11 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Assuming the Championship copied the Premier League rules entirely (which they seem to have done) then we can't amend the squad until the transfer window opens.

The only way to change it outside the transfer window is to cite exceptional circumstances and appeal to the ELF..

.. who are not going to say yes to us.

Along as you have space in you squad left think its 25. then you can register anyone anytime i believe.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Along as you have space in you squad left think its 25. then you can register anyone anytime i believe.

Looking at the actual rules:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

The League will only consider granting permission to make changes to the Squad List outside of a Transfer Window where:

the Club’s current Squad List contains less than the maximum number of Players permitted to be included on the Squad List and the Club wishes to add an Out of Registration Player or another Player registered with the Club but not currently included on the Squad List, or

in other truly exceptional circumstances.

We have less than the max, so that's ok.

Westwood is registered to us, but not in the squad list, so is eligible.

The problem may be...
"The League will only consider granting permission"

Edited by cookeh

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

ive met westwood a few times a nice guy but defo an arrogant guy , but confidence and arrogance is what you expect in a decent keeper.  ive heard a lot of things regards westwood probably all true ,something regards bulling of another player ? i also know he likes money as he told me some years ago that he wanted a new improved contract (thats when the everton rumours were around)

Who doesn't like money.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Who doesn't like money.

we all do . but think he should have tried to get a move last summer even if club had to pay half his wages . i hope westwood does well but seen all our games home.away earlier last season i doubt he would get in any team . we live in the past too much. 

7 minutes ago, cookeh said:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

The League will only consider granting permission to make changes to the Squad List outside of a Transfer Window where:

the Club’s current Squad List contains less than the maximum number of Players permitted to be included on the Squad List and the Club wishes to add an Out of Registration Player or another Player registered with the Club but not currently included on the Squad List, or

The problem may be...

Dont see a problem with him playing if Pulis decides to pick him.

Guest LondonOwl313
23 minutes ago, cookeh said:

got a link still?

I had a look for the link and couldn’t find it but remember reading the article he mentioned.. basically said no problem adding him

42 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Dont see a problem with him playing if Pulis decides to pick him.

The problem is he's not registerd to play because Monk purposefully excluded him from the list of registered players.

If we were to play him while he's not in the squad list then we'd be eligible for punishments; a fine or points loss.

If we get him registered, then sure, Pulis can pick who he wants.

We have to beg the ELF for a favour in order to register him tho, or wait till January.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I had a look for the link and couldn’t find it but remember reading the article he mentioned.. basically said no problem adding him

I think I found it.

It looks like we can apply to add him under teh rules, but it's at the ELF discretion whether they allows us to or not.

Lucky we're on such good terms with them.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, cookeh said:

The problem is he's not registerd to play because Monk purposefully excluded him from the list of registered players.

If we were to play him while he's not in the squad list then we'd be eligible for punishments; a fine or points loss.

We have to beg the ELF for a favour in order to register him tho, or wait till January.

I don't think we have to beg them for a favour. It probably happens all time when new managers come in. 

Thats what I meant by it if Pulis decides he wants to play him he will just register him and play him easy as that.

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

The problem may be...

Think this bit could be relevant

43.9.4 A Club shall apply to:

(a)  include a Player on its Squad List; and/or

(b)  remove a Player from its Squad List,

by submitting a request to that effect to The League (in such manner as The League shall direct from time to time).

Guidance
All details to be uploaded via iFAS.

43.9.5 A Player shall be deemed to have been included or removed from a Club’s Squad List on receipt of The League’s confirmation of the same (which may be given electronically).

43.9.6 Changes to a Squad List may be made:

(a)  during the period of a Transfer Window; and

(b)  at other times only with the permission of The League.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Think this bit could be relevant

43.9.6 Changes to a Squad List may be made:

(a)  during the period of a Transfer Window; and

(b)  at other times only with the permission of The League.

Aye, thats the bit that leads to the bit i posted

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I think the ref can countersign the  signing on form in the changing room. We just need to think of a name to play him under 

9 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I think the ref can countersign the  signing on form in the changing room. We just need to think of a name to play him under 

Ha ha that brings back memories.

Years ago I was visiting family in Rawmarsh and one of my sisters boyfriend had got me to go as sub for their team. This was the second time I had done this, and I had been given the name of the player I was supposed to be. Part way through the game one of the players got injured and I went on. Gave my name to the ref and was immediately sent off. It seems that a registration form had been filled in with my correct name but I wasn't told.

• Haha 1