Westwood back training with the first team

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Looks like Westwood won't be playing then.

Pulis press conference "If Westwood was available I would look to have him in the team"

We need some more digging done around this,  pretty stupid from the club to allow GM not to register him if that’s what it’s down to 

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Pulis press conference "If Westwood was available I would look to have him in the team"

Unless he’s speaking figuratively referring to Monk? Haven’t got a clue. I know The Star said he can play before January though. 

Can’t fault pulis for this 

he’s a player. If he regards him as the better goalkeeper he plays 

regardless of what’s gone off to not register him was ignorant to football matters

another more senior manager comes in and looks to reinstate 

coincidence? 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Can’t fault pulis for this 

he’s a player. If he regards him as the better goalkeeper he plays 

regardless of what’s gone off to not register him was ignorant to football matters

another more senior manager comes in and looks to reinstate 

coincidence? 

He didn't say he was going to reinstate, he said if he was available.

It depends what he means by that.

Fair play to Pulis on this. I hope Westwood is reinstated as number one. Does it sound though like Pulis doesn’t think he is available until January? I wonder if Westwood will end up saying after this season or he will leave regardless of him coming back in to the team. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

19 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I haven't heard this live but I'm a bit disappointed with the phrasing of that.

Not really a confidence boost for Dawson or Wildsmith if we end up having to rely on them.

• Like 3

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

I haven't heard this live but I'm a bit disappointed with the phrasing of that.

Not really a confidence boost for Dawson or Wildsmith if we end up having to rely on them.

fair point. If Westwood can’t play until January it’s not a great boost for the other 2 hearing that. 

If Pulis thinks Westwood is looking sharp in training , is fit and he can get the best out of him again then he'll pick him as soon as is possible.

Common sense managment from an experienced hand. 

If he thinks he isn't,  I'm sure he'll select one of the others. 

Clean slate. Everybody starts equal.

Effort,  commitment and attitude will all be taken into consideration. 

It's in the players hands to show they are worth picking and bring something to the team, technically as individuals and to the collective group. 

It's in their hands. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

He didn't say he was going to reinstate, he said if he was available.

It depends what he means by that.

Well I think the majority of the human race would read that as if Westwood is fit and available for selection he will play 

Edited by fpowl
  • Like 1

I really hope we get clarity one day on why KW has been omitted from the squad under certain managers but 1st choice for others. 

The fact he was restored as #1 instantly under Bruce & Bullen makes me wonder if during the torrid spells with Jos & Monk he was dropped for calling people out. I’ve never bought into the KW is a bad egg stereotype as I’ve never seen that persona from him. But it makes you wonder what’s really said in the changing room after back to back losses and shocking defensive performances. 

Also, I think there’s maybe a bigger reason behind why he never consistently started for ROI despite being clearly the best option. 

Food for thought.