Pulis wasn’t first choice.

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I knew a couple of sentences into this post that it would include something like ‘destabilise the club’ or ‘another stick to beat the club with’

lol

Yeah I should have put destabilise the gullible aspects of our fanbase by getting them to start spreading round Att makes and is therefore responsible for some of the clubs decisions, I highly doubt the club itself takes any notice 

A full on piggy mate messaged me at the weekend...and low and behold many at 't lane wished they had gone for him....only cos he could keep em up...obviously not for football reasons. 🤣

Seems a few on the dark side are getting a bit nervous now Wilder has had money and wasted it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Again I predict this too! Shot down in flames no recognition for my 5PM thread neither absolutely scandalous! 

I remember your 5PM thread haha.

12 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

A full on piggy mate messaged me at the weekend...and low and behold many at 't lane wished they had gone for him....only cos he could keep em up...obviously not for football reasons. 🤣

Seems a few on the dark side are getting a bit nervous now Wilder has had money and wasted it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

After I went from here, after the press conference ect. I thought I would have a quick look at the sufc fans forum with what TP said and from what I glanced on the thread, most/all wouldn't be keen on him now haha.🐷🤬😭   😆

I don't think this Silva thing is true at all. 

My understanding is that when Monk was still in role Pulis was seen as the first pick for a replacement, and was the only one who got the call.

When he intimated that he would be interested in the role if it were to become available the decision was pretty much done at that point.

FWIW I also believe that the decision on Monk was made after the 3 losses to Wycombe, Luton and Rotherham but they wanted a clear signal of interest from TP (and the international break for him) before pulling the trigger.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I don't think this Silva thing is true at all. 

My understanding is that when Monk was still in role Pulis was seen as the first pick for a replacement, and was the only one who got the call.

When he intimated that he would be interested in the role if it were to become available the decision was pretty much done at that point.

FWIW I also believe that the decision on Monk was made after the 3 losses to Wycombe, Luton and Rotherham but they wanted a clear signal of interest from TP (and the international break for him) before pulling the trigger.

Thanks. Well the report, if true just said considered. Also I remember reading on here that we were supposedly looking for a replacement after the Rotherham game.