Pulis wasn’t first choice.

24 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Us approaching Marco Silva is like me approaching Holly Willoughby.

You can make an approach but that's as far as you are going to get.

Nowt like that , hes crap ,why are folk so seduced by a foreign name ?

As for Holly , I have her number if you want to pm me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If there’s any truth in that story, it shows how clueless DC’s advisors are. They’re hardly two chips of the same block are they

Well this is the thing.

If this is true, there’s no thought or planning to what kind of club or team we want to be.

Silva and Pulis couldn’t be any further apart in terms of philosophy and style of football. 

Although I think we’ve made a solid appointment, it’s worrying that the chairman’s son might be involved in the decision process and we’re just punting at managers without real thought.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, owler66 said:

When Att said he wanted Silva maybe he was filling in his panini sticker book remember once i couldn't get Ron Saunders

I ‘cheated’ in the end and sent off for Joe Fagan after having amassed 10 Willie Millers—4 of which came from getting him twice in the same pack two times.

• Haha 4

So, Silva turned us down flat...

Worth bearing in mind when you try to rationalize why DC went for Pulis.

Really, there's little thought process there. He's just someone who seems to have done okay elsewhere, so therefore he's under consideration.

I just hope that when the reality of this type of football kicks in with DC, that come the end of the season, when we at least weren't relegated, that he'll take stock and recognize the need to change management again. And maybe, just maybe, his remarkably slow intellect will cotton on to the fact that a manager's style of football matters.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cowl said:

So, Silva turned us down flat...

Worth bearing in mind when you try to rationalize why DC went for Pulis.

Really, there's little thought process there. He's just someone who seems to have done okay elsewhere, so therefore he's under consideration.

I just hope that when the reality of this type of football kicks in with DC, that come the end of the season, when we at least weren't relegated, that he'll take stock and recognize the need to change management again. And maybe, just maybe, his remarkably slow intellect will cotton on to the fact that a manager's style of football matters.

So true