Jump to content

England men's fixtures omdt.


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:


I dread to think what your view is when you watch Wednesday play 

 

we were the better side throughout the game. Disappointing last 5 minutes. decision to not make any subs at all after the goal to even just break up the play & waste a bit of time didn’t pay off 

 

we go onto Andorra, tomorrow’s job is to book flights! 


You do realise to win a game of football, you have to score and, not concede?

 

We had 2 shots on target in the entire match. We have arguably the best attacking talent in Europe and, register 2 shots on target. 
 

You might be happy to settle for what Southgate is producing but, his restraint is what’s ultimately costing us. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

 

We will, until we meet a quality side in the World Cup itself.

Who is actually streets ahead of us right now? I don’t think you could honestly say anyone. 
 

Italy, Brazil, France & Argentina I reckon have better teams, but we’ll continue to improve and this lot are catchable 
 

Germany, Spain, Denmark, Holland? We’re better than all of them IMO

 

We’re in the top 5 nations 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 0wl18 said:


You do realise to win a game of football, you have to score and, not concede?

 

We had 2 shots on target in the entire match. We have arguably the best attacking talent in Europe and, register 2 shots on target. 
 

You might be happy to settle for what Southgate is producing but, his restraint is what’s ultimately costing us. 

Restraint got us to within a penalty of winning the Euros and 1 minute away from winning the first 6 in WC qualifying. I reckon tactically he’s more or less nailed it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

How you getting to all these places given the current restrictions? 

 

Is Andorra on the green list? 


as far as I’m aware, Spain (fly to Barca) and Andorra are letting people in. The only requirement from their side is double vax or test before 

 

to get back to the UK I understand we have to do a PCR test 2 days before flight, even if double vax 

 

didn’t make the journey to Budapest or Warsaw but seen a few on social media who travelled and got tickets out there 

 

It was confirmed Monday that away fans are now permitted to attend matches abroad 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

This poor manager everyone is on about has just taken us to a major final. Maybe them calling him a poor manager haven’t say through years of bobbar watching teams put together by Taylor, Keegan, Sven, Capello et al. Some people have short memories. He’s done a really good job. 

Have we got to the final because of Gareth or despite Gareth though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really feel that we have a manager that is tactically impotent at key moments. 
 

Sterling had one of his frustrating games, Walker swung back and forth from good to bad, Rice and Phillips were great defensively but offered little offensively, the play was slow and torturous. 
 

Southgate ought to at least try to be progressive. His over cautious nature fvvcks me off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Who is actually streets ahead of us right now? I don’t think you could honestly say anyone. 
 

Italy, Brazil, France & Argentina I reckon have better teams, but we’ll continue to improve and this lot are catchable 
 

Germany, Spain, Denmark, Holland? We’re better than all of them IMO

 

We’re in the top 5 nations 

 

We will know soon enough.

 

The best players we have had for many a decade.

 

Still something missing though, can't put my finger on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion here.

 

Gareth Southgate isn't tactically good enough to be considered a world class manager and that will stop England winning  a tournament.

 

No subs tonight when needed, couldn't change the game against Italy or Croatia to make them go in our favour.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:


You’re missing the point entirely.

 

We’ve missed out on a World Cup final due to an inept manager being unable to see out a game.

 

We’ve missed out on our first major trophy in 55 years because, the same manager couldn’t see a game out. Repeating the same mistakes we made 3 years prior.

 

We’re now unable to see out a game against a plucky Polish team because, the same manager, keeps making the same mistakes. 
 

Nobody can question what Southgate has brought back to the national team. People tune in to every game, and, it’s generally the hope that kills you. Unfortunately he’s not learning from his mistakes. 
 

 

 

Tbf your point was top class sides see that out. Top class sides still don't win every game, see pretty much every single other team in qualifying.

 

Yeah it's annoying, but I'm not writing off any World Cup hopes after a draw in Poland that keeps us 5 points clear in qualifying.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

 

We will know soon enough.

 

The best players we have had for many a decade.

 

Still something missing though, can't put my finger on it. 


A different manager. Southgate is the national version of Ole. Good for building a positive culture & environment but tactically naff 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Restraint got us to within a penalty of winning the Euros and 1 minute away from winning the first 6 in WC qualifying. I reckon tactically he’s more or less nailed it. 


Hang on a minute, we’re a top team you’re saying?

 

If we’re a top team we don’t lose the Croatia game and, we win the euros from the position we were in within each game.

 

Southgate lost us both games.  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Who is actually streets ahead of us right now? I don’t think you could honestly say anyone. 
 

Italy, Brazil, France & Argentina I reckon have better teams, but we’ll continue to improve and this lot are catchable 
 

Germany, Spain, Denmark, Holland? We’re better than all of them IMO

 

We’re in the top 5 nations 

 

I dont think the current Brazil side are all that to be honest. Richarlison gets in their side.

 

France are still the stand out squad in world football right now but we are getting there. 

 

We've still got Bellingham and Foden to come into our best side plus whoever out of Reece James, TAA or one of the other quality right backs come in for Walker. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:


A different manager. Southgate is the national version of Ole. Good for building a positive culture & environment but tactically naff 

Thing is would we have got to where we did without that positive culture and environment? That's the catch 22 isn't it. Get rid for a better tactical manager, we've had plenty in the recent past, but lose the environment. 

 

Would worse environment better tactics produce better results? Who knows, history suggests not but this tournament in Qatar is certainly the last opportunity Southgate should be given unless he wins it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Southgate was the right man for the job when he took it on. He’s laid the foundations of a terrific side. Individually we’re as good as anyone.


Nobody can question his man management. It’s class. 

 

We lose games because of his ability to manage a game. His 70% of the way to a top manager, unfortunately he’ll never be tactically good enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:


Hang on a minute, we’re a top team you’re saying?

 

If we’re a top team we don’t lose the Croatia game and, we win the euros from the position we were in within each game.

 

Southgate lost us both games.  

 

 

Does he get any credit for winning all the others.  
 

Southgates win % is the best ever other than one manager. Bizarrely, that’s Capello. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...