Jump to content

England men's fixtures omdt.


Recommended Posts

Fell at the final hurdle. But the team did the country proud & made everybody feel better at the end of a horrible 16 months. If we were offered a penalty shoot out in the final, at the start of June, we'd have taken it.

We also beat our semi final jinx, beat Germany, & look capable of more good things in future.

I'm only talking about the football, not the mindless idiots either online or around Wembley. That's for other threads. 

Next, it's back onto qualification for Qatar. Hungary away is 7 weeks on Thursday. Then another 2 matches in the following week. It'll be here before we know it & hopefully the squad is rested enough, with the new league season around the corner.

Great memories from a great tournament & ultimately, the best team throughout won it. The wallchart is filled in fully, taken down & put away with other souvenirs. 

Onwards. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Squad announced at 5pm today for next 3 WC qualifiers against Hungary (A) Andorra (H) and Poland (A) on 2nd, 5th and 8th Sept.

 

Also, in a week's time, the 20th anniversary of the 5-1 win in Munich. Our second finest hour? 

 

Scary how quickly time flies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Don’t see why he’s selected Bamford that guy is not good enough 

Danny Ings is who I would have picked. Just someone different from the others, a Kevin Philips type player

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Squad announced at 5pm today for next 3 WC qualifiers against Hungary (A) Andorra (H) and Poland (A) on 2nd, 5th and 8th Sept.

 

Also, in a week's time, the 20th anniversary of the 5-1 win in Munich. Our second finest hour? 

 

Scary how quickly time flies.

20 years. Whatttttt. Where the hell does the time go 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bamford looking sharp as.  He shoulda gone to the euros.... Offers goals and assists and works the defence for the good of the team so well. 3 years ago I woulda laughed at the prospect but he deserves it now. His running opens up so much room for others to exploit. 

 

Jack Harrison can't be far off a call up imo too. 

 

I'm prepared to say those that were satin Phillips shouldn't have gone the euros and changed thier opinion will do the same re Bamford if he gets a fair crack. 

 

He was the 2nd highest scoring English forward last season... More assists too than likes of that villa striker absolutely dies for the team 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Bamford looking sharp as.  He shoulda gone to the euros.... Offers goals and assists and works the defence for the good of the team so well. 3 years ago I woulda laughed at the prospect but he deserves it now. His running opens up so much room for others to exploit. 

 

Jack Harrison can't be far off a call up imo too. 

 

I'm prepared to say those that were satin Phillips shouldn't have gone the euros and changed thier opinion will do the same re Bamford if he gets a fair crack. 

 

He was the 2nd highest scoring English forward last season... More assists too than likes of that villa striker absolutely dies for the team 

Nah mate Bamford is a step too far

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Bamford looking sharp as.  He shoulda gone to the euros.... Offers goals and assists and works the defence for the good of the team so well. 3 years ago I woulda laughed at the prospect but he deserves it now. His running opens up so much room for others to exploit. 

 

Jack Harrison can't be far off a call up imo too. 

 

I'm prepared to say those that were satin Phillips shouldn't have gone the euros and changed thier opinion will do the same re Bamford if he gets a fair crack. 

 

He was the 2nd highest scoring English forward last season... More assists too than likes of that villa striker absolutely dies for the team 

Phillips is a class ahead of Bamford, but even he should only be a squad player for England. 

 

I see why Southgate picked him but he shouldn't be starting every or even most games for England imo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Nah mate Bamford is a step too far

He was 2nd highest English goal scorer last season.  More assists than those below him and even his critics can't deny he absolutely runs and runs for the team, defending from the front.   

 

Why a step too far? Kane is best finisher we have..but you don't rely on just one. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Bamford looking sharp as.  He shoulda gone to the euros.... Offers goals and assists and works the defence for the good of the team so well. 3 years ago I woulda laughed at the prospect but he deserves it now. His running opens up so much room for others to exploit. 

 

Jack Harrison can't be far off a call up imo too. 

 

I'm prepared to say those that were satin Phillips shouldn't have gone the euros and changed thier opinion will do the same re Bamford if he gets a fair crack. 

 

He was the 2nd highest scoring English forward last season... More assists too than likes of that villa striker absolutely dies for the team 

For some reason, and I don’t know why, I always thought that jack Harrison represented the USA 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, markg said:

For some reason, and I don’t know why, I always thought that jack Harrison represented the USA 

He played over there for a while. 

 

He's becoming a very good player.  Works  like a machine. 

 

Think I read last season he had more assists and goals combined than any other English winger...... Thats on top of the defensive work he does(lad never stops running). 

 

Instead we took rashord to the euros..., 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

He played over there for a while. 

 

He's becoming a very good player.  Works  like a machine. 

 

Think I read last season he had more assists and goals combined than any other English winger...... Thats on top of the defensive work he does(lad never stops running). 

 

Instead we took rashord to the euros..., 

I don't rate Rashford either but I can't see how Harrison gets in the England team

 

I'll give you credit Phillips proved me wrong

 

But when you say we should have Phillips, Bamford, Harrison etc you are then putting more than a quarter of the Leeds side into the England side, and Leeds aren't that good, therefore how would they improve England? Or are you saying these 3 players are massively carrying the Leeds side? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...