England men's fixtures omdt.

33 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

So why does he need a new contract now? Bizarre

So a big club doesn’t come & steal him away! 😂

Citing the free flowing attacking football that we’ve become accustomed to. 😂

I just console myself knowing that Arsenal & Italy both achieved success with teams that generally won 1-0.

I think I’d take that at my age.

Sacrifice entertainment for a final or even a tournament victory. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

So a big club doesn’t come & steal him away! 😂

Citing the free flowing attacking football that we’ve become accustomed to. 😂

I just console myself knowing that Arsenal & Italy both achieved success with teams that generally won 1-0.

I think I’d take that at my age.

Sacrifice entertainment for a final or even a tournament victory. 

Always say it, I'd happily be the worst team to ever win a world Cup. Wouldn't affect my celebrations in any shape or form. 

• Like 2

The idea of a German squad carefully planning out how to simply nullify the threat of Sterling, frustrate and nullify an out of form Harry Kane, and make sure they simply take their own chances well, is pretty depressing isn’t it. 

All while southgates biggest worry is that the players are happy and protected. 

I really feel like the key to unlock Germany is playing rashford up front as well but I know we won’t. 

ugh. 

• Thanks 1

It's such an FA thing to do to guarantee a contract extension of a a manager who has done f*ck all to deserve it 

Meanwhile in Italia 90 Robson was told he was losing the England gig no matter what happened...

So, theoretically a world cup finalist/winner was going to be sacked just because...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why would the powers in the FA extend a contract to Southgate beyond the 2022 World Cup when absolutely no one would try and poach Southgate? Well, maybe Barnsley or Notts County.

See how he does in the Euros, then have a think about it.

It's not rocket science.

Looking at some of the recent clowns that have held the position of FA Chairman speaks volumes.

As an example, Greg Dyke, FFS, a loony left ex BBC chairman.

49 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Why would the powers in the FA extend a contract to Southgate beyond the 2022 World Cup when absolutely no one would try and poach Southgate? Well, maybe Barnsley or Notts County.

See how he does in the Euros, then have a think about it.

It's not rocket science.

Looking at some of the recent clowns that have held the position of FA Chairman speaks volumes.

As an example, Greg Dyke, FFS, a loony left ex BBC chairman.

Embarrassing yourself here my friend

Hey ho...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scram said:

It's such an FA thing to do to guarantee a contract extension of a a manager who has done f*ck all to deserve it 

Meanwhile in Italia 90 Robson was told he was losing the England gig no matter what happened...

So, theoretically a world cup finalist/winner was going to be sacked just because...

Can't get my head around why they would do that, just ridiculous. Unsurprisingly Sir Bobby handled it with dignity and moved on while we were useless for the next 5 years. 

7 hours ago, scram said:

Thing is, Southgate gets the flick for being bang average/lucky,  and what English managers are you left with?

I don't agree with hiring a foreign mercenary who rocks up for the pay 

We dump Southgate, and Gerrard or Lampard would be in position before you could say 'Golden Generation '.

Rinse and Repeat.  

Edited by Bannofan

Has anyone read an article or seen an interview about the game that hasn't mentioned losing on penalties, preparing for penalties, etc? Hardly any of these players were born when those games happened. Cant the media just talk about this game without having to mention the past in one interview? 

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

Has anyone read an article or seen an interview about the game that hasn't mentioned losing on penalties, preparing for penalties, etc? Hardly any of these players were born when those games happened. Cant the media just talk about this game without having to mention the past in one interview? 

The media is quite tiresome with how they discuss Germany in general 

• Like 3

Of course the media has suffocated the players with countless interviews and pointless discussions in the week building up to this 

I swear some players have been interviewed by 5/6 different people all talking about the same thing 

Do one pre match interview and let them train and concentrate ffs 

I guess some social media companies NEED their promotional material 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1