England men's fixtures omdt.

11 minutes ago, Night King said:

If it’s a direct choice between Foden and Grealish its Foden every time. He’s on a different level to Grealish. Grealish very much the flavour of the month, one of those players that becomes a better player by been out of the side. 

I disagree. Based on how England play, Grealish is a lot more suited.

Even though I think that Foden is the better player of the two. Foden relies on high pressing, rotation of positions, quick one twos and drifting in to spaces. England don't play like that. When he receives the ball for England he has to either take his man on, which I think Grealish is better at, or lay it off to a nearby defensive midfielder

• Like 2

Grealish also wins you a lot of freekicks, which could easily lead to a goal.

He's one of those players that when he's on the opposition team, frustrates the hell out of you with how much he throws himself on the floor, but when he's in your side you notice that it's actually very clever.

He draws the foul, looks for the foul and wins it. Creating goal scoring opportunities. 

• Like 1

The best players hit the deck, because the best players get fouled a lot more than the average player. It grates me seeing people whinge about Grealish winning fouls. He’s fouled, so he goes down. Simple. This is football, all your favourite across the world do the exact same thing 

33 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The best players hit the deck, because the best players get fouled a lot more than the average player. It grates me seeing people whinge about Grealish winning fouls. He’s fouled, so he goes down. Simple. This is football, all your favourite across the world do the exact same thing 

I don’t judge Grealish for winning free kicks. If anybody actually watches him for 10 minutes, the bloke gets lumps kicked out of him. He’ll drift across from left, to right, and through the middle of the park, and he gets smashed everywhere he goes. Control and touch are excellent, and he just draws rash tackles. 

That said, much as I’d love to watch Grealish as a fan, Foden is (IMO) a class above, or more. Grealish is an excellent footballer, but Foden is one of the few genuinely world class footballers around.  We should be building a national team around him for the next decade. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scram said:

Personally not seen anything from Foden in an England shirt

If he is a genuinely world class footballer then he needs to start showing it

Grealish been way better for England

Foden is a very good player but when you have De Bruyne and Mahrez next to you - both absolutely world class players  - the game can't be that hard.  Not quite the same as having Declan Rice and a Leeds midfielder in the england team!

Just now, mcmigo said:

Foden is a very good player but when you have De Bruyne and Mahrez next to you - both absolutely world class players  - the game can't be that hard.  Not quite the same as having Declan Rice and a Leeds midfielder in the england team!

Exavctly.

For me Grealish is a better fit in the England system because of this.

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

True

He could be one of those many players who cannot reproduce club form at international level due to the different dynamics of the players and playing styles

But i don't see the reason to persist with a player when other players are showing so much more

Germany still have Muller, Gnarby, Goretzka, Havertz, Gosens & Kimmich. All class and all better than what we have. Kroos is only 31 too, Neuer still one of the best keepers around  

In hindsight I think we should try and pinch an early goal or two then close up shop. It’s dreadful to watch but if we play expansive we’ll get picked apart

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Germany still have Muller, Gnarby, Goretzka, Havertz, Gosens & Kimmich. All class and all better than what we have. Kroos is only 31 too, Neuer still one of the best keepers around  

In hindsight I think we should try and pinch an early goal or two then close up shop. It’s dreadful to watch but if we play expansive we’ll get picked apart

About striking a balance.

Sit too deep and just defend and we will eventually collapse imo.

Agree on the quality of some of their players. Goretzka is coming off the bench for them atm ffs. 

12 hours ago, mcmigo said:

It's not about a 'Leeds midfielder' or  Declan Rice.   It's southgate, that's our problem.   Time will tell though.