England men's fixtures omdt.

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't know why we are making it a thing about our CBs, we have plenty elsewhere to make up for it. There aren't that many great CBs around anyway so I don't think we are dramatically behind in this area compared to other countries

Disagree.

Most successful sides are secure at the back.

We've got a dodgy number 1 and our best CB coming back from injury. I don't even rate Maguire that highly but still.

Just now, SiJ said:

Disagree.

Most successful sides are secure at the back.

We've got a dodgy number 1 and our best CB coming back from injury. I don't even rate Maguire that highly but still.

It's not the point I am making, I agree you need a well functioning defence but in comparison to other nations our defence doesn't look particularly weaker than others. Although we don't like Mings he is a similar standard to many other nation's defenders. I just had a look at the other contenders squads and a fair few have players that we would similarly worried about if they were in our team.

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Walker on the right of a 3 is about our strongest option. 

We need his pace and physicality.

He's also comfortable venturing into wide areas. Some CBs are not.

SSN were reporting that Shaw was getting tried in the back three too today. Bit damming on selection if Shaw ends up at left CB.

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We need his pace and physicality.

He's also comfortable venturing into wide areas. Some CBs are not.

SSN were reporting that Shaw was getting tried in the back three too today. Bit damming on selection if Shaw ends up at left CB.

Hope not. One of Shaws weaknesses is his positioning 

Hes a marauding wing back. 

Another solid choice by the waistcoat wolly 

Edited by FreshOwl

I'm just looking at other teams predicted line ups and convinced we are gonna win it now. Laughing my head off at France needing to select Pogba, Germany with crappy Gnarbry that was at Arsenal up front,  Belgian still rely on fatty Hazard and Spain had to poach Laporte lol 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I'm just looking at other teams predicted line ups and convinced we are gonna win it now. Laughing my head off at France needing to select Pogba, Germany with crappy Gnarbry that was at Arsenal up front,  Belgian still rely on fatty Hazard and Spain had to poach Laporte lol 

You're kidding, right? 

Gnabry is class.

Laporte is a brilliant player.

Pogba excels at international level.

I'll give you Hazard atm.

Just now, SiJ said:

You're kidding, right? 

Gnabry is class.

Laporte is a brilliant player.

Pogba excels at international level.

I'll give you Hazard atm.

It's tongue in cheek but the thing is nobody is a million miles ahead of us. I didn't get this feeling in past tournements that we can match most teams for quality. Even our golden generation never quite felt we were as matched as this year. 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's tongue in cheek but the thing is nobody is a million miles ahead of us. I didn't get this feeling in past tournements that we can match most teams for quality. Even our golden generation never quite felt we were as matched as this year. 

You might have a point.

I don't know, I'd still put us in that second tier of international football.

A good group of players who may go far if a few things fall into place.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

He was a West Brom reject too lol

Exactly, he's a WBA reject = We win the Euros

Just now, SiJ said:

You might have a point.

I don't know, I'd still put us in that second tier of international football.

A good group of players who may go far if a few things fall into place.

a lot of it relies on what we hope they can do based on age really, we don't have the big names but we have a hope that they can join that level

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It’s not necessarily about the individuals. 

These teams are just far more well drilled and organised than England and it always shows later on in tournaments 

We have a few good players on paper. But are so disjointed across the park with Kane dropping into midfield etc 

We still don’t know how to break down any decent teams 

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s not necessarily about the individuals. 

These teams are just far more well drilled and organised than England and it always shows later on in tournaments 

We have a few good players on paper. But are so disjointed across the park with Kane dropping into midfield etc 

We still don’t know how to break down any decent teams 

agree with most of that but don't agree with the bolded bit we need to stop assuming that because other teams have failed the current years crop will do. 

Kane certainly needs to stop dropping in midfield

Also Gareth has also left everything kinda late imo, why he took so long to select Grealish etc. 

41 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't know why we are making it a thing about our CBs, we have plenty elsewhere to make up for it. There aren't that many great CBs around anyway so I don't think we are dramatically behind in this area compared to other countries

The funny thing being, when Stones dropped a bollk v Poland in March, Maguire got him out of sht with winner. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

The problem will be that he won't be anywhere near match fit.

Sub?

You'd think not. 

Have some real issues at CB though. Fear he's called up two duffers in Coady and Mings. The one positive on Coady is he's pretty good in the middle of a back three/five. Mings is a like a bombscare.