England men's fixtures omdt.

19 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

are you renewing? 

Hoping COVID f’s off and we have a few good away trips. 

Yes mate. Wife is also going to join up. Hopefully get a good draw in Dec for some decent road trips next year. Failing that, we've learnt to buy much cheaper flights to nearby towns & cities & hire a car. 

Iceland in a bit of a transition faze so didnt expect much from them. Probably should have won by more but they tried to play with a back eight so it was nice to see the probing from Foden, Mount, Sancho, Saka, etc finally pay off with that third goal. Much happier to see Mount play in that deeper role alongside Rice and drive forward from there but i still dont think he's in my first eleven. 

What's everyone's preferred team now? In both 343 and 433 formations - i think we'll play both.

--------------------------Pope-------------------------

--------Maguire-----Coady----Mings--------                I'd probably have Gomez for Mings if he was fit.

Trent--------------------------------------Chilwell

------------Henderson---------Foden----------

-------Sterling------Kane------Grealish------

--------------------------Pope-------------------------

Trent----Maguire-------Mings----Chilwell              Again, Gomez for Mings if he was fit. Not sure about Coady in a four.

---------------------Henderson--------------------

---------------Foden-----------Grealish---------

--------Sancho------Kane------Sterling------

Could easily swap Reece James and Bukayo Saka in as the wingbacks. Maybe Rashford instead of Sancho in the 433? The 433 looks better balanced to me.

On 18/11/2020 at 20:43, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh try Kane and DLC together I say. Foden/Grealish/Mount looking great together

Yep, Fodens lack of progress under Pep as you said the other week really seems to have hampered his development.....

When is the draw?

It takes place on 7 December at 17:00 GMT.

It will take place in the usual spot - at Fifa headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland - and will be a virtual event with no representatives of member nations present.

You can watch the draw live here on the BBC Sport website and app.

Who is in which seeding pot?

For the first time, Europe's traditional powerhouse countries have all been seeded together in pot one, with France returning to the highest seeds after a 12-year absence.

England are alongside them, with Wales in pot two and Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and Scotland all in pot three.

Full pot seedings (55 nations in total):

Pot 1: Belgium, France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands.

Pot 2: Switzerland, Wales, Poland, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, Serbia, Turkey, Slovakia, Romania.

Pot 3: Russia, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Czech Republic, Norway, Northern Ireland, Iceland, Scotland, Greece, Finland.

Pot 4: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Israel, Belarus, Georgia, Luxembourg.

Pot 5: Armenia, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra.

Pot 6: Malta, Moldova, Liechtenstein, Gibraltar, San Marino.

How does the draw and qualifying work?

One country from each pot will be drawn into a group, meaning there will be five groups of six nations and the same number comprised of five.

The four countries through to the 2021 Nations League finals in October - Belgium, France, Italy and Spain - are certain to be in the smaller five-team groups.

Europe will send 13 countries to Qatar, 10 of which will be the group winners.

The 10 group runners-up will go through to the play-offs, along with the two best Nations League group winners who do not finish in the top two of their World Cup qualifying group.

The 12 play-off teams will be drawn into three separate play-off paths, each of which will comprise semi-finals and final, with the three winners heading to Qatar.

When are the World Cup qualifying group matches?

March 2021: Matchday 1-3

September 2021: Matchday 4-6

October 2021: Matchday 7-8

November 2021: Matchday 9-10

March 2022: Playoffs

Qatar WC 2022 Qualifying as above. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Is the draw  going to be on a radio station OWIS6 ?

Not sure OG, but it’s on BBC website, BBC app & SSN from 5pm GMT. 
It’s a virtual draw, but it’s really happening. 😀

I envisage more messing about than a usual draw, so completed around 11pm because some buffoon former player will have their laptop on mute! 😂

• Haha 2

I'm going to risk it for a swisskit and tune into "Talkshite" (not listened since Colin Murray jacked and Collymore) 

They will probably have it on ?

I'm going to be in the car at that timeabouts I reckon 

sharps-con.jpg.f9c7c659bd369afd22101f1e55499f1c.jpg

I've just pulled Switzerland in our group doing this you know ......

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I'm going to risk it for a swisskit and tune into "Talkshite" (not listened since Colin Murray jacked and Collymore) 

They will probably have it on ?

I'm going to be in the car at that timeabouts I reckon 

sharps-con.jpg.f9c7c659bd369afd22101f1e55499f1c.jpg

I've just pulled Switzerland in our group doing this you know ......

4p tho 

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2