England men's fixtures omdt.

19 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Haul them off is an extreme choice of words.

Managers bring off players for tactical reasons all the time. Nothing wrong with it. If we’re all honest, it’s probably Southgates biggest downfall. We freeze and, tend not to be able to alter our approach mid game.

I definitely agree with the last sentence

But my point was we play with wing backs. I guess what we could have done is play a flat back 4 with the full backs staying in position,

but then have a look at the bench from Tuesday night, there’s not much there and the half decent ones are all wingers 

so if you take mount off for say a Sancho or Saka, you leave Rice stranded in the middle where he would have got ran through 

Henderson for Sterling made sense as it meant Henderson dropped back into midfield (into Fodens place), and foden took sterling’s spot on RW/ right sided forward 

I don’t know what else could have been done the other night tactically. The players just had a crap off day 

On 14/10/2021 at 17:55, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Has there been an announcement for the fixtures in March? I'm sure I heard on commentary we've got tough games coming up but didn't catch who they were against. 

No announcement yet BO. Hopefully a couple of interesting away fixtures. We've only been able to go to Andorra & San Marino away for 2 years! The worst 2 for capacity, oddly enough.

Just reflecting on this UEFA punishment.

I'm not entirely sure who's responsible for the perimeter security at Wembley.

Brent council. The Met. The FA. Private security stewards. ????

Either way, the FA have been punished as part of a package of charges. All undeniable.

The punishment actually seems light, to be honest. It was a free for all and a shambles outside.

All I can compare it to is the WC semi-final in Moscow v Croatia, at their Luzhniki stadium.

The ground is on a site that is a large enclosed area, surrounded by a 20 foot high metal fence.

Everyone had to pass through a tented area, at each entrance gate, containing metal detectors, body scanners, bag searches, ticket checks and fan ID checks.

This process was overseen by stewards, police & armed robocops. No ticket and ID, no entry. 

Considering this was July 2018, with England involved, nobody from our FA learned a thing. No doubt all those concerned were whisked into the ground in black limo's, but still, not to observe & learn anything is pretty poor.

The behind closed doors fixture won't even leave a dent in the FA finances, but the repercussions for hosting future tournaments could be very costly. It wouldn't have mattered if 50,000 ticketless fans turned up if the ground perimeter and checks were secure, like in Moscow.

Hard to speculate what might have happened with the final in another capital city with England involved.

Paris - more of the same as Wembley

Rome - probably half as much chaos

Berlin - not a bit of it

Amsterdam - as London & Paris

Madrid - never been so can't comment

Either way. The FA can hold all the enquiries they want to, all they had to do was ring Putin. 

38 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

No announcement yet BO. Hopefully a couple of interesting away fixtures. We've only been able to go to Andorra & San Marino away for 2 years! The worst 2 for capacity, oddly enough.

France and Germany away are usually decent fixtures but I suppose it depends on the nations league draw before they announce anything. 

• Like 1

Squad for final 2 Qatar WC qualifiers announced:

Johnstone Pickford Ramdale

TAA Chilwell Coady James Maguire Mings Shaw Stones Walker

Bellingham Henderson Mount Phillips Rice JWP

Abraham Foden Grealish Kane Rashford Saka Sterling 

Glad Kane has some back up now Rashford is back doing his day job. 

Home to Albania Fri 12th Nov 

Away to San Marino Mon 15th Nov

Gareth Southgate has revealed that Mason Greenwood asked not to be considered for selection by England during the first half of this season and Jude Bellingham requested that he be stood down last month.

The England manager, who is frustrated that Callum Hudson-Odoi has again refused an under-21s call-up, has included Bellingham in his squad for this month’s World Cup qualifiers against Albania and San Marino.

What is going on?

Hudson Odoi is the worst, he needs games. I think that big contract made him not hungry

I have a bit more sympathy for Greenwood and Bellingham.

Think there are concerns with how Greenwood is handling it all atm.

Hudson Odoi though...just smacks of arrogance and ego that. Too good for the Under 21s etc.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I have a bit more sympathy for Greenwood and Bellingham.

Think there are concerns with how Greenwood is handling it all atm.

Hudson Odoi though...just smacks of arrogance and ego that. Too good for the Under 21s etc.

Those young guys around the first team need to be managed properly, they have advisors within their friends and family, club etc, to get the best out of them I can see the logic even though I don't agree.

Hudson Odoi- that's just coming from him, he's plays very little football and even Tuchel doesn't agree with it. I would be very surprised at this point if he becomes a top player. I can't think of many who get away with playing minimal football at the age of 20. 

8 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Those young guys around the first team need to be managed properly, they have advisors within their friends and family, club etc, to get the best out of them I can see the logic even though I don't agree.

Hudson Odoi- that's just coming from him, he's plays very little football and even Tuchel doesn't agree with it. I would be very surprised at this point if he becomes a top player. I can't think of many who get away with playing minimal football at the age of 20. 

If there was some major personal issue I could understand it. Maybe there was and they just don't want it to become public which is fair enough. In Bellingham's case, needing a break but then finding time to pop over to film adverts for JD Sports is a bit of a contradiction. 

As for Hudson-Odoi, no great loss. If he is not interested then we are better off without him, even at Under 21 level. He clearly has ability but it isn't the first time his attitude has been called into question.  

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Mount is still in squad mate, just hasn't turned up yet after dental surgery.

I stand corrected said the man in the orthopedic shoes. 

Still would like to see Smith Rowe and Bellingham against San Marino 

• Haha 1