Jump to content

England men's fixtures omdt.


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

Southgate hasn't got the balls to drop 3 players, Mount, Kane and Sterling.

 

Sterling was shocking tonight, Mount did nothing and Kane's head is gone.

 

Why he left Bellingham at home I've no idea.

 

And his subs were ridiculous tonight, Grealish should have never come off, and Henderson should have never come on.

 

 


Yeah I can’t argue with that. 9 changes tonight and Sterling clearly lacking match fitness, Kane is still sulking and I’m honestly sick of him at the moment 

 

Grealish may have been our most attacking, but he hardly had much competition in that area. Even he looked a bit predictable, and is too one footed. Should have leathered that one in the first half with his left 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully that is a massive wake up call for Southgate because some of his decisions are starting to border on the ridiculous.

 

Grealish was head and shoulders our best player , yet off he comes again , and with it all our attacking threat.........name one chance we created after he went off.

 

Agree with what has already been said , that Southgate clearly doesnt like Grealish and resents having to pick him.

 

His "pets" Mount and Sterling did the square root of f*** all  compared to Grealish, and Kane should have been hooked earlier.

 

As for his subs......Saka is a good young player but does he REALLY deserve the amount of game time he is getting for the England first team ?...........and my heart sank to see Henderson come on again to trundle around and give the ball away.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, shandypants said:

So why take off the one player that did have some attacking intent?  

 

6 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Because he's clueless. He hasn't got the balls to bring off Mount

So the ITV pundits are also baffled by the Grealish substitution. Will Southgate be asked why Grealish was subbed when interview and, if so, what will he say? 

Edited by shandypants
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

 

So the ITV pundits are also baffled by the Grealish substitution. Will Southgate be asked why Grealish was subbed when interview and, if so, what will he say? 


Course he won’t 

 

“Hungary made it difficult for us”

 

blah blah 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hungary quite resolute. 

 

Qualifier.
 

Couldn’t work out a way to beat them. 
 

Couple of players fluffing it when it came to decision making. 
 

All a bit ‘Meh’. 
 

Feel like we could’ve done with a Pogba type in midfield to get us over the line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really poor performance, no spark whatsoever. I just don't see us reaching our full potential under GS. 

 

Hungary are a well drilled outfit, not sure why they didn't push more for the win though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Southgate hasn't got the balls to drop 3 players, Mount, Kane and Sterling.

 

Sterling was shocking tonight, Mount did nothing and Kane's head is gone.

 

Why he left Bellingham at home I've no idea.

 

And his subs were ridiculous tonight, Grealish should have never come off, and Henderson should have never come on.

 

 

As soon as Henderson came on you knew Southgate was satisfied with a point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched the game after recording it and avoiding the result

 

Quite impressed with Hungary tbh

 

As for us - very disjointed other than a brief period after they scored up until half time - second half was as poor as i've seen us since probably the Croatia semi final - absolute rubbish with no cohesion and looked like we had no game plan at all

 

I'm another one that doesn't see the love in with Foden at England level - i'd have taken him off way before Grealish

 

Kane was awful

 

I suppose we can put it down to too many players just having a poor night

 

But those subs....

 

WTF?!?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, marconi said:

Missed Phillips and Maguire tonight.

Phillips was very good in the away fixture against Hungary, bossed the midfield battle.

 

We surrendered the midfield battle yesterday due to the team selection.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Hungarian "fans" an embarrassment to humanity.

 

Coppers should've arrested em all

 

Quite conflicting for a lot of England fans there, I would imagine, shared beliefs and all that. 

 

As for the game, Kane looks so unfit so often, I wonder if he will make it to 30 as a top class striker. Like Rooney before him, he can rip up the Premier League when he's on it, but fir England it's going through the motions more often than not . Like Rooney, he will probably get the goal sciring record then quit International football. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Hungarian "fans" an embarrassment to humanity.

 

Coppers should've arrested em all

Our cops are embarrassing themselves to be fair, retreating like, they've got the batons, they should have had helmets too. Pathetic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nero said:

Anybody else think that Foden is massively overrated?

Yeh...they've been raving all week about him on basis of a game v Andorra. He's clearly a good player but I don't think we're seeing it for England yet. For City I don't feel he consistently excels. He's young so we hope he does become this world class player but yeh at the moment he gets too much praise compared to his actual output. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

 

Quite conflicting for a lot of England fans there, I would imagine, shared beliefs and all that. 

 

As for the game, Kane looks so unfit so often, I wonder if he will make it to 30 as a top class striker. Like Rooney before him, he can rip up the Premier League when he's on it, but fir England it's going through the motions more often than not . Like Rooney, he will probably get the goal sciring record then quit International football. 

Kane is in a lull because he didn't get his move, therefore has lost form. I don't think he is consciously playing rubbish to get a move, he's just down and demotivated about it. If he was a bit nastier he could have forced the move and no doubt if he got to city he would be on fire now. I think once he does move he will get back to his best-Hopefully January.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh...they've been raving all week about him on basis of a game v Andorra. He's clearly a good player but I don't think we're seeing it for England yet. For City I don't feel he consistently excels. He's young so we hope he does become this world class player but yeh at the moment he gets too much praise compared to his actual output. 

 

Personally , when it comes to England I think Mount is the problem not Foden.

 

Put Foden in Mount`s position (more creative) and you can go back to two holding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...