One Good Thing

4 hours ago, debram said:

Think he can make us hard to beat but how the hell are we going to score. 

To be fair

From our next game on the 21st, its only 6 weeks till the transfer window opens.

Hopefully Pulis wont be signing players with broken legs then

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Between now and the end of the season nobody is going to enjoy playing against us. The way Pulis sets his teams up is to be annoying and against the grain. 

I’ve been sick of being the club over the years that clubs break their winless streaks against or other records.

That's because most of our managers are milk-and-water.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

The ones we’ve recently signed without broken legs aren’t much better.

true

but my point is its only 6 weeks till we can bring in new players (without broken legs) and god forbid, we can also use players that are still contracted to us

so its not just a case of pulis having to work with what we have got (after 6 weeks)

8 minutes ago, Dot said:

true

but my point is its only 6 weeks till we can bring in new players (without broken legs) and god forbid, we can also use players that are still contracted to us

so its not just a case of pulis having to work with what we have got (after 6 weeks)

You would hope that in that 6 weeks he can organise what we have and assess what we need to get into mid table. 
I assume he may have been made financial assurances from the owner, because I can’t imagine any managers worth their salt wanting to run with the existing squad (no definitive goal scorers) all season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Between now and the end of the season nobody is going to enjoy playing against us. The way Pulis sets his teams up is to be annoying and against the grain. 

I’ve been sick of being the club over the years that clubs break their winless streaks against or other records.

I disagree

As a centre half ( now retired of course )i would love to play against this side , even more so under Pulis.

no pace in attack so just need to march the strikers up the pitch safe in knowledge no one is going to skin me over the top. Am fine with balls into the box as well as no one going to be skinning my full backs so most will be delivered from either very wide or not very deep. Keep one eye on Patterson but  he is no fletcher.  If we lump it long , even better as can head those away all day long .

then attacking you can push the team up as no pace in our attack or midfield to get done on the break. Defenders have mistakes in them so hassle them if they have the ball, and even better the goalies are poor so shoot lots and early.  

Pulis can’t change any of that I am afraid, not until January at least 

48 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I disagree

As a centre half ( now retired of course )i would love to play against this side , even more so under Pulis.

no pace in attack so just need to march the strikers up the pitch safe in knowledge no one is going to skin me over the top. Am fine with balls into the box as well as no one going to be skinning my full backs so most will be delivered from either very wide or not very deep. Keep one eye on Patterson but  he is no fletcher.  If we lump it long , even better as can head those away all day long .

then attacking you can push the team up as no pace in our attack or midfield to get done on the break. Defenders have mistakes in them so hassle them if they have the ball, and even better the goalies are poor so shoot lots and early.  

This is the thing that gets me going after every match:

There’s a significant proportion of people on here saying that we have a bottom six squad who are easily beaten and have no chance against pretty much any team in the league.

But then, if we don’t win, they all come back in a shocked and absolute rage that we couldn’t even beat that lot from x, y or z!

Unbelievable!

:ghoulguy:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

I disagree

In all fairness the players he had whilst at Stoke were of similar strengths and weaknesses and he managed to get a tune out of those. No real pace in attack or midfield (or at the back) but he still managed to get results and teams hated playing against Stoke - just ask Arsenal Wenger. 

I too played CB (at a good level) and agree it’s easier to defend when there is no great pace with the opposition strikers but believe me when I say there will be plenty of balls hurled into the box (mainly on set plays) so I have no doubt that’s where TP will be hoping to get his joy from. Especially as he will probably have at least 3 CBS playing in his back 4 so together with Paterson will cause no end of problems. 

He will also be hoping to come across complacent managers (like yourself) and hope to catch them out with a play or two.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

In all fairness the players he had whilst at Stoke were of similar strengths and weaknesses and he managed to get a tune out of those. No real pace in attack or midfield (or at the back) but he still managed to get results and teams hated playing against Stoke - just ask Arsenal Wenger. 

I too played CB (at a good level) and agree it’s easier to defend when there is no great pace with the opposition strikers but believe me when I say there will be plenty of balls hurled into the box (mainly on set plays) so I have no doubt that’s where TP will be hoping to get his joy from. Especially as he will probably have at least 3 CBS playing in his back 4 so together with Paterson will cause no end of problems. 

He will also be hoping to come across complacent managers (like yourself) and hope to catch them out with a play or two.

Not true 

he had fuller up top who was very quick, and Jones or Beattie up there in the premier league , the former being the forward who John Terry said at the time was the toughest opponent in the premier league.  Even at Boro he had traore who is lightening quick , and at wba rondon who is a sensational target man . 

he has always had fast players down the sides as well. as you know , there is a massive difference defending a ball into the box when you are back on your heels as your full back has been skinned by winger , and a ball coming in from further up the pitch when you are on your toes.

he doesn’t have the  players here. Not yet anyway 

Most people won’t give Pulis a chance, I admit I didn’t want him but he is here now so gets my support, he plays similar football to big Sam who a lot of people wanted, can’t see much difference in the pair of them to be honest.

there have always been and always will be individuals at the club you dislike but just support the team, not too much to ask is it?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dot said:

To be fair

From our next game on the 21st, its only 6 weeks till the transfer window opens.

Hopefully Pulis wont be signing players with broken legs then

Will dunkley even be fit by then 

we could have saved ourself a transfer window  signing him 

• Like 1