Jump to content

Does Pulis really not favour “ball-playing” midfielders like Bannan?


Recommended Posts

As it was under Monk in the first few months, I think fans can forgive the football if we are leaving with 3 points and climbing the table.

 

We've been a bit of a joke for a while now so sh@t football is not going to matter that much.

 

Theres also the oldschool fans that like seeing players getting stuck in.

 

I'm not that excited though.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Generally, I agree but they appear to be at the moment.  I don't think you could get an entertaining game out of the team that we have now.  I think there's only Bannan that entertains at the moment.  We could have any manager around come in and they would not be able to get our sorry lot playing in an entertaining passing way - major surgery and lots of money may be required to do that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shandypants said:

Generally, I agree but they appear to be at the moment.  I don't think you could get an entertaining game out of the team that we have now.  I think there's only Bannan that entertains at the moment.  We could have any manager around come in and they would not be able to get our sorry lot playing in an entertaining passing way - major surgery and lots of money may be required to do that. 

 

I’m not looking for Total Football. I just don’t want the mind-numbing drudgery that made my Boro mates despise Pulis even when they were doing relatively well. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

 

I’m not looking for Total Football. I just don’t want the mind-numbing drudgery that made my Boro mates despise Pulis even when they were doing relatively well. 

Well we have not seen us play under him yet. The very least we should afford him is a chance. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bannan will play every week still. He’s our best player. Pulis had him in the premier league so I can understand him not playing Bannan much. 

 

I do think we could see him play a bit wider than usual though. 

 

 

C96071E4-4B0C-46EF-9066-FD540183757F.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Given his reputation that’s only to be expected. Chansiri will reap what he sows. 

 

Perhaps. 

 

Though it's a shame in the sense there's a manager who we know that given time can build solid foundations out of clubs our size.

But we know he won't be because some have made up their minds.

 

Anyway, shouldn't you be practising your riffs and flopp shots Corky, instead of depressing yourself in here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Perhaps. 

 

Though it's a shame in the sense there's a manager who we know that given time can build solid foundations out of clubs our size.

But we know he won't be because some have made up their minds.

 

Anyway, shouldn't you be practising your riffs and flopp shots Corky, instead of depressing yourself in here?

I can multi task. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bannan is our best long passer.

He's also capable of playing on the left.

 

Whilst it seems unlikely he'll figure from the outside looking in, it might not be the curtain closing that we surmise.


It does seems to be playing to stereotype a little too much to say that Bannan won’t play for Wednesday again. The idea that Pulis is maybe going to field 9 centre backs and Patterson then never seek to create a chance or score a goal is a little eye rolling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...